- Material:High Density Washed Canvas ,lightweight,durable and nice
- Dimensions: 12.21*16.54*5.12 inches (L*H*W)(31cm*42cm*13cm).It can fit 14 inch Laptop.
- The straps are extra padded for superior comfort and very breathable material.Easy to carry a big load of college textbooks,laptop,clothes even lunches,etc
- Ultra-durable, Ultra-awesome backpack.Perfect for day-to-day use,college,occasional travel,camera compartment and more,and great gift for everyone
- THE BEST CHOICE OF GIFT - free replacement or 100% money back for defective items within 30-days. Anything you are not sure, contact the seller!
- THE MOST TRUSTED NAME IN BACKPACKS - Our belief in our packs is strong! Every JanSport comes with a lifetime warranty. Carry your JanSport with confidence, knowing we'll replace or repair any breaks
- ORGANIZATION MADE EASY – Simple design & convenient, 2 large spacious compartments with an internal 15” laptop sleeve, zippered front mesh & utility pocket & a side water bottle holder
- RELIABLE & COMFORTABLE BACKPACK – The Big Campus is constructed with durable fabric, zippers & straps. It comes equipped with: Ergonomic S-curve shoulder straps, fully padded back panel, & web haul handle
- STYLISH SCHOOL SUPPLIES - Trendy design & built-in organization creates the ideal pack for everyone's personality. Comes in multiple colors & designs to best reflect you
- AMERICAN TRADITION IN BACKPACKS – Generations have grown up & come to rely on this trusted brand. Over 50 years of schools, work, road trips, discovering fun, freedom & adventure
- SUPERIOR QUALITY: Made with durable, weather-resistant 1200D ballistic polyester to withstand heavy use and harsh conditions
- TRAVEL WITH EASE: ScanSmart lay-flat technology protects up to a 17" laptop, opens quickly at airport security, and ensures a hassle-free laptop-in-bag TSA scan
- ORGANIZED & SPACIOUS: Easy access laptop and iPad compartment separate with front organizational pocket for all of your writing utensils, pocket notebooks, and keys. Front, large, U-zip pocket for quick access essentials. Two, breathable, side compartments for an umbrella, oversize water bottle, or a change of clothes.
- COMFORTABLE: Contoured shoulder straps with mesh fabric and adjustable side compression straps. Padded back panel with Airflow ventilation technology for added support and comfort.
- DIMENSIONS: Exterior — 18.5" x 13.5" x 9"; Laptop Compartment — 14.5" x 11" x 1.5"; Tablet Pocket Capacity — 10" x 7"; Bag volume — 31 L
Italian ingenuity and design, paired with solid construction and craftsmanship – these qualities best describe Kaukko’s products. Founded in 1988, the brand has over 25 years of professional experience in the making of handmade canvas backpacks. The company has an international presence as it ships worldwide and is registered in over 26 countries. Some of their products include women’s handbags and clutches, as well as travel bags and backpacks. While their new designs are characterized by fun, youthful themes and vivid colors, Kaukko is perhaps best known for its canvas backpacks, such as the 16 Oz High Density series – which is versatile enough for travel, work or leisure.
Build and Dimensions
The High Density 16Oz backpack sports a robust build and roomy dimensions. Like most ‘rucksack’ style backpacks, it does away with zippers in favour of a drawstring mechanism. A top flap goes over the opening and is secured with a pair of metal buckles, which users have to loop through like a belt. Depending on your preference, this can be a blessing or a nightmare. Users looking for extra security and protection against theft and the elements will find the two-step opening a secure feature, but for those craving convenience, it may be a hassle to retrieve items once you have the backpack snapped shut.
Measuring 11.8 inches by 18.5 inches by 7.3 inches (30cm x 16cm x 47cm), the bag is roomy enough for day-to-day use. Its 22.4L capacity means that it can easily hold a laptop, tablet, water bottles, lunch box, textbooks and stationery.
We live in a day and age where we’re often loaded down with things, and backpacks with segmented compartments make life easier for us. Sometimes, however, there is such a thing as too many pockets. Thankfully, the High Density 16Oz strikes just the right balance. The inside is made up of just one spacious main compartment with two sleeves and two smaller pockets. The compartment is big enough for an 18” laptop, but if users decided to use the dedicated laptop sleeve, then it should comfortably fit a 15” model. The second sleeve can be used for electronics such as tablets and to keep them separated from the rest of the bag’s contents, while the smaller pockets are a great place to store notepads, stationery, wallets nad purses. The inside is padded with soft cotton which helps cushion the insides from hard bumps or falls.
On the outside is a small pouch for keeping small items such as keys, makeup or accessories. The pouch is zippered and also has a flap with metal buckles over it for added security. Two spacious pockets sit on each side of the backpack for keeping water bottles or tumblers safe. The bottom panel is solid and abrasion resistant, so it should be able to handle rough surfaces well.Meanwhile, a mesh-design on the back panel allows for better breathability and air ventilation. The shoulder straps are padded for extra comfort, and adjustable from 45cm to 90 cm to suit people with smaller or larger frames.
The High Density 16Oz lets users choose from two types of material, namely canvas and nylon. The design is the same for both types.
The first option, canvas, gives the backpack a vintage look and feel – like something out of an Indiana Jones’ movie. This cotton-based fabric is very sturdy and durable, making it a favourite choice for industrial applications. Its tightly woven build gives the material a water resistant quality, so the contents of the backpack should stay dry even if users get caught in light rain. The material is tough and does not yield to frequent stress or tugs, so even though it’s not reinforced with Ripstop technology just like in the High Sierra Curve Daypack, the backpack can still carry heavy loads without ripping or tearing. It also retains color well, even in harsh environments or when exposed to strong sunlight, wind or rain.
Nylon, on the other hand, is equally good at keeping water out, although the material is not completely waterproof. It is lightweight and has a smoother, more ‘plasticky’ texture compared to canvas. The material’s resistance against abrasion and wrinkling, as well as their ability to withstand high temperatures, makes it an ideal choice in the manufacture of backpacks and outdoor gear.
Both options feature high quality faux leather and metal accents on the zips, buckles and straps. True to their ISO2000 certification, the company puts the products through stringent quality control inspections to ensure top quality on the product line.
The High Density 16Oz is an attractive backpack that immediately reminds one of camping trips and backpacking adventures. Although not designed specifically for that purpose, it’s nice to have a bag that reminds one of the great outdoors and physical activity. They come in a variety of colors for both the canvas and nylon series. Canvas offers Navy Green, Black and Khaki, while Nylon has a brighter, more fun color scheme that includes Black, Blue, Gray and Red – making them easier to spot from afar. All the bags come with the same light brown faux leather straps.
The canvas series comes with a free notebook, while the nylon series includes a small pouch in a matching colour.
Pros and Cons
- Spacious main compartment.
- Simple and easy organisation – two sleeves for electronics, two pockets for small items like wallets and smartphones
- Secure opening, closed with drawstring and flap with metal buckles
- Front pouch is zippered for protection
- Side pockets for water bottles
- Two options for backpack’s material; canvas or nylon
- Sturdy build and construction
- Rugged, outdoorsy design
- Comes with additional notebook or pouch
- Not very convenient to access contents once closed
Kaukko’s High Density 16Oz Backpack is a great choice for anyone who likes an outdoor design with the functionality of a day-to-day bag. Aside from offering plenty of space to store your school or work supplies, it also has just enough pockets for easy sorting. Users can also choose which material they like best, whether its canvas or nylon.
Last update on 2020-07-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API