- NEW AND IMPROVED FOR 2019 - You spoke, we listened. Based on feedback from our 2018 model, we made adjustments to our Sawtooth Snowshoes. We reinforced the ratchet binding with heavy duty spring-loaded clips and added a new heal strap with an auto-locking system.
- FULLY ADJUSTABLE BINDINGS - These adult snowshoes not only come in two lengths, 21 and 27 inches, but can adjust to the size of your foot. The easy ratchet style binding uppers with quick release and a buckle secure heel strap, give it a truly custom feel. No lacing necessary. Walking in the snow just became so simple. 21 Inches - Optimized Weight Range is 80-160 lbs (30kg - 60 kg) / 27 Inches - Optimized Weight Range is 165-235 lbs (62 kg - 88 kg)
- LIGHT WEIGHT MATERIALS - This snowshoe model is designed with a durable, aluminum frame that allows for optimal snow flotation performance in deep powder. Sawtooths are constructed with high-grade, weather tested materials because we know how important it is to hPACK GRIP TEETH - Snowshoeing requires traction. Each shoe has two sets of reinforced, heavy duty crampons that ensure traction on icy, hard surfaces. The pressure from your feet let the crampon act as an extreme ice pick for your boots!
- HARD PACK GRIP TEETH - Snowshoeing requires traction. Each shoe has two sets of reinforced, heavy duty crampons that ensure traction on icy, hard surfaces. The pressure from your feet let the crampon act as an extreme ice pick for your boots!INCLINE HEEL LIFT RISER - This unique system provides traction and balance while climbing hills. The heel lift riser comes up under your heel to support you when you need it and lays flat when you don't.
- STEEP INCLINE HEEL LIFT RISER - This unique system provides traction and balance while climbing hills. The heel lift riser comes up under your heel to support you when you need it and lays flat when you don't.SLIP FEATURES - The Sawtooth snow shoes have boot grip, no-slip textured pads and an excess heel strap clip. These systems cradle your foot to hold you in place and prevent sliding around while snow shoeing this winter.
- Dependable, durable all-condition snowshoes offer excellent traction and floatation on snowy trails and rolling terrain
- Steel traction rails and brake bars are molded into snowshoe decking, and along with carbon steel crampons, provide secure grip in tricky conditions
- DuoFit bindings deliver freeze-proof, glove-friendly, adjustable attachment to a wide range of footwear
- Optional 6-inch modular floatation tails (sold separately) provide extra floatation in deep powder
- Snowshoes measure 8 x 22 inches, weigh 3.56 pounds, and can carry a 180-pound load; bindings fit men’s shoes sizes 4.5-15; made in the USA
- SIZES & WEIGHT CAPACITY: 21 inches snowshoes optimized weight range: 65 - 155 lbs / 30 - 70 kg；25 inches snowshoes optimized weight range: 110 - 220 lbs / 50 - 100 kg; 30 inches snowshoes optimized weight range: 150 - 260 lbs / 70 - 120 kg. (Load refers to total weight of user plus anything they are carrying such as pack, equipment, etc.)
- DESIGN & DESCRIPTION: Standing atop the Series, the snowshoes are packed with features to tackle your favorite winter hikes, with the lightweight, smooth-striding design, comfort of the TPU binding with fast lock & loosen system and confidence of advanced aft traction, to take you to the tree line and beyond
- HEEL LIFT RISER: On steep climbs, calf muscles tire quickly and traction decreases when your foot matches the slope angle. The heel lift Riser eases fatigue and ties directly into Advanced Aft Traction for grip.
- LIGHT WEIGHT MATERIALS: Flashtek Use Long lasting lightweight 6000 Series aircraft aluminum frame. Durable UV resistant HDPE decking. Heavy duty steel crampons. Meet max floatation and fast movement in heavy snow condition.
- SNOWSHOE TOTE BAG & TREKKING POLES: Adjustable trekking poles and a zippered snowshoe tote bag for easy carrying and storage.
Would you rather stay bundled up indoors during winter or adventure through the snow? Long ago, hiking through the woods during the winter season may not be an option. Our ancestors needed a way to hunt and migrate even when the snow is as high as your waist, so they strapped flat materials to the bottom of their feet, allowing them to walk around as if they were floating on the snow.
Throughout the years, snowshoes get people to places that would otherwise be impassible due to snow. However, they are used more for winter recreation than survival nowadays. Snowshoeing has become a favorite activity because the necessary equipment is relatively inexpensive, and it requires a few basic techniques.
What are snowshoes?
Snowshoes are footwear for walking over snow. They work by distributing your weight over a large area, so your feet do not sink completely into the snow. They help you maximize a measurement known as PSI or pounds per square inch, which refers to the amount of pressure your body puts on the snow.
When choosing snowshoes, keep in mind that they’re not one-size-fits-all. People who are heavy and carry larger packs of supplies may require bigger snowshoes. Lighter people, on the other hand, don’t put as much pressure on the snow, so they need a smaller pair of snowshoes.
You also need to consider the snow conditions. Packed snow can take more pressure than fresh-fallen snowflakes, so a trek across a newly-dusted field of snow requires different snowshoes than a walk on a snowmobile-trodden path.
Traditional snowshoes feature a hardwood frame with rawhide lacings, while modern ones are made of lightweight metal, plastic, and synthetic fabric. In the past, they were essential tools for fur traders, trappers, and forest rangers. Today, they are mainly used for recreation by hikers and runners who wish to continue their hobby in wintertime.
Why do you need high-quality snowshoes?
Typically, walking through deep snow is not much fun. With conventional snow boots, you sink and struggle with every step. Fortunately, there is a better way to enjoy the outdoors and explore the breathtaking winter scenery. High-quality snowshoes help you stay above the snow so you can participate in a wide range of winter activities, such as hiking, exploring, trail walking, and even running.
When choosing a new pair of snowshoes, it is crucial to consider a few different factors, most notably the size and terrain you’ll be walking on. High-quality snowshoes come with various traction systems, too. You can choose among crampons or cleats to provide superior traction.
If you’re buying your first snowshoes, flat terrain snowshoes are an incredible first choice. These entry-level models offer good value for your money. They are designed for smooth walking on flat terrain and are ideal for beginners.
What is the right type of snowshoes for you?
Most snowshoes fall under three categories: flat terrain, rolling terrain, and mountain terrain. A few models are designed for fitness, climbing, and trail running. When choosing the right type of snowshoes, consider the activities you want to use them with. Then, choose a size based on your weight.
FLAT TERRAIN SNOWSHOES
Best for beginners. Flat terrain snowshoes are designed for easy walking on flat terrains, such as roads and sidewalks. They are ideal for families and casual snowshoe wearers. Their most notable features are easy-to-adjust bindings and less aggressive traction systems. They are also shorter than the other two options.
ROLLING TERRAIN SNOWSHOES
Best for hikers and backpackers. Rolling terrain snowshoes are designed for hiking on steep or rolling terrain. They are suitable for all but extremely steep or icy conditions. Designed with more aggressive crampons and beefier bindings, they are a step up from the entry-level flat terrain snowshoes.
MOUNTAIN TERRAIN SNOWSHOES
Best for advanced hikers, mountaineers, and backcountry snowboarders. Mountain terrain snowshoes are designed with climbing-style crampons and rugged bindings so you can hike on icy, steep conditions. They can withstand harsh weather conditions and terrains, allowing advanced snowshoers to blaze their own trails.
In addition to the above three categories, you can find a wide variety of designs of snowshoes. The right type for you will depend on how deep and firm the snow you tend to be out in, how steep or rocky the terrain is, and how much you weigh.
Best for runners. Running snowshoes are becoming increasingly popular nowadays. More people are now aware of the fitness benefits of workouts on the snow, including the fact that they have a lower impact on the joints relative to running. They are usually shorter than other snowshoes to enable a more natural gait.
Although snowshoes are designed to be activity-specific, they are versatile performers. You can use them efficiently to have fun during the winter season.
Features of high-quality snowshoes
When choosing snowshoes, it is critical to know the features that go along with them to make sure you are getting only the highest quality on the market. Now, there are many designs and specs available. You need to carefully assess which are necessary for the type of activity you want to enjoy in the winter.
Typically, snowshoes are designed with aluminum frames that come in multiple sizes. However, modern designs are now gaining traction, including those with flat metal frames and plastic frames. The traditional tubular frames are good for softer surfaces, where you don’t need traction. On the other hand, flat stock frames feature a metal frame with durable rubber decking and serrated edges for steep, icy pitch.
Most snowshoes have synthetic decking that features nylon or Hypalon rubber. They are lightweight and responsive, making them ideal when you are looking to save space. Another style of snowshoes features a composite frame with hard decking material that can be slippery on slick surfaces. This style allows you to attach a 6-inch tail for extra flotation in deep snow.
Although your weight provides some traction, high-quality snowshoes still feature tooth-like crampons or clips for superior grip. Flat terrain snowshoes offer moderate amounts of traction, while rolling terrain and mountain terrain snowshoes have more aggressive crampons for icy, steep conditions. The most common are made of steel or steel composites for a good grip. Aluminum is also used as an alternative.
Bindings can make or break your choice of snowshoes. There are several types of binding materials and designs. Choose one that suits your footwear and the demands you will be putting on the snowshoe. There are four types of bindings:
- Nylon webbing straps are found on entry-level shoes and are lightweight. They also offer a lot of adjustability.
- Rubber/polyurethane straps are the most common type and have the advantage of not stretching or freezing in cold temperatures.
- Ratchet straps are easy to use and extremely adjustable.
- Boa closure is a new type of binding that offers a secure, wraparound fit.
High-quality snowshoes also feature heel lifts that make ascending steep terrains easier. Also known as climbing bars, heel lifts can be flipped up under your heels to reduce stress on the Achilles’ tendon on steep uphill sections and save energy on long ascents. They give the feeling of walking up steps and prevent exaggerated strain on your calf and heel.
It is always crucial to bring your essentials when hiking, especially during the winter. Fewer people are on the trails and weather conditions may change rapidly, making it more complicated for rescue efforts. Tromping through the snow can be so much easier with the right snowshoes. If you ever find yourself in the market winter gear, here is a list of the best snowshoes that you should consider:
1. MSR EVO TRAIL HIKING SNOWSHOES
MSR EVO Trail is a durable hiking snowshoe that is a favorite of snowshoers around the world. It delivers legendary dependability and all-condition traction, which is built for rolling terrains and trails. It also provides excellent flotation on snowy trails. If you are looking for an all-purpose snowshoe, this is the perfect option for you.
The EVO Trail has a dependable design built for rolling terrains and trails. It features steel traction rails to provide a secure grip and brake bars that are molded directly into the decking. It also comes with carbon steel crampons for durability and corrosion resistance. The snowshoe measures 22 inches and 3.56 pounds per pair and can accommodate a load of up to 180 pounds. The size ranges between 4.5m and 15m, making it ideal for both men and women.
The MSR EVO Trail boasts DuoFit bindings to deliver essential security for rolling terrains. Like other MSR bindings, they are freeze-resistant, lightweight, and packable. They also have a glove-friendly design. EVO Trail also uses a unibody deck with steel traction rails and brake bars molded directly for essential security on flat and rolling terrains. Moreover, it comes with modular flotation tails that add six inches of on-demand flotation on deep snow.
Why we recommend it
The MSR EVO Trail is a multi-purpose snowshoe that works well on flat and rolling terrains. It features DuoFit bindings and a unibody deck for essential security. It is also lightweight at 3.56 pounds so you can carry it around effortlessly. What we love most about the footwear is its superior dependability and durability. You don’t have to worry about rapid weather changes and icy, steep terrains as the EVO Trail offers more stability.
- Traction bars molded on deck for essential grip on modest slopes in less than ideal conditions
- Steel traction rails and brake bars for secure, lasting grip
- DuoFit bindings for ample, freeze-proof, and glove-friendly security
- Modular tails for maneuverability and extra on-demand flotation on deep powder
- Dependable design built for flat and rolling terrains
- Multi-purpose snowshoe
- May not work as well on the deep snows of Colorado
2. MSR LIGHTNING ASCENT SNOWSHOES
MSR Lightning Ascent is an ultralight technical snowshoe that comes with super traction for mountaineering, rugged terrain, and aggressive backcountry pursuits. It is complete with high-end features and simple engineering to get you in and out of wintery trail hikes reliably. This model is tested with the widest range of conditions, making it ideal for your favorite winter activities.
The Lightning Ascent is designed with superior traction to provide stability and security in challenging conditions. It is the lightest and most technical snowshoe for men and women who want to enjoy the season without having to worry about heavy loads. It comes with a 360-degree traction frame that offers edge-to-edge grip and steel crampons to provide bite on steep slopes and traverses.
The snowshoe is available in three sizes to accommodate a range of body weight and gear loads. It can carry a load between 180 and 280 pounds and can fit men’s shoe sizes between 4.5 and 15.
The MSR Lightning Ascent features PosiLock AT bindings to create a secure, freeze-resistant attachment. It is compatible with all types of footwear and includes a polyurethane decking for superior flotation and durability. It also comes with an easy-to-engage Ergo Televator heel lifts that reduce fatigue. Moreover, the snowshoe is compatible with MSR Modular Floatation Tails for extra flotation when encountering varied terrain and dynamic weather conditions.
Why we recommend it
The MSR Lightning Ascent has a hinged arrangement on the binding to the deck that is excellent for the most aggressive terrain. It features metal frames with fabric decking, which adds to the beefiness of the model. We are impressed the full rotation PosiLock AT bindings that allow for the precision of footwork and unrestricted range of motion. We also love that the snowshoe weighs less than other contenders, making it perfect for wide-ranging snow levels.
- Ultralight with superior traction for the most aggressive terrains
- 36-degree traction frames for edge-to-edge grip
- One-piece steel crampons with two fang-like teeth to provide bite on steep slopes
- Comes with PosiLock bindings for secure-freeze-resistant attachment
- Rugged, lightweight decking for extra flotation and durability
- Increased uphill efficiency, thanks to the Ergo Televator heel lifts
- Strap system may not suit other users
3. G2 GO2GETHER SNOWSHOES KIT
The G2 Go2gether Snowshoes Kit is a set of winter equipment that includes one pair of snowshoes, one pair of three-section aluminum trekking poles with winter baskets, and a travel bag. If you are looking for a snowshoe kit this winter season, you may want to consider getting the G2 Go2gether.
The G2 Go2gether Snowshoe Kit is designed for users and gears that weigh up to 200 pounds. It is lightweight, thanks to its alloy 6061 aluminum frame that provides a stable platform even on steep slopes. The kit also comes with more durable aluminum trekking poles with a foam handle and winter baskets. Moreover, it includes a travel bag for convenient storage and carrying.
The G2 Go2gether snowshoe features double-ratcheting binding padded with foam for comfort. It is adjustable to any footwear so you can wear with them with your most comfortable shoes. It boasts a remarkable heel lift system that is excellent for uphill. The G2 also features an HDPE decking that creates excellent flotation and an adjustable Flip-lock system for security. Furthermore, it comes with manganese steel crampons that offer superior traction and durability.
Why we recommend it
What we love most about the G2 Go2gether snowshoe kit are the gears it includes. You don’t need to look for a separate snowshoe or trekking poles as you can have it all in one package. We also like the travel that comes with it. What impresses us most is how light the snowshoes are. You can carry them around with comfort and ease.
- Alloy 6061 Aluminum frame for an ultralight and stable platform
- HDPE decking for excellent flotation
- Double ratcheting binding padded with foam for extra comfort
- Adjusts to any footwear easily
- Heel lift system that makes it excellent for uphill
- Great traction, fits all terrains
- Can be difficult to wear
4. MSR EVO ASCENT SNOWSHOES
The MSR EVO Ascent is a pair of 22-inch backcountry and mountaineering snowshoes that features Tri-fit bindings, steel traction rails, and Televator heel lifts. Considered as the evolution of the company’s Denali snowshoes, it offers quality and reliability. If you are a genuine all-around performer who is seeking adventure in backcountry terrain, this product offers exceptional value for your money.
The MSR EVO Ascent is designed for workhorse durability. It features a rugged unibody deck and all-condition traction so you can venture off-trail into more variable backcountry terrain with ease. It also comes with steel traction rails and brake bars that are molded directly into the deck for a secure grip. Moreover, you can purchase modular flotation tails separately to allow you to carry more load, if necessary.
Like other MSR snowshoes, the EVO Ascent uses Tri-Fit bindings for ample, freeze-resistant, and glove-friendly security. It features Televator heel lifts to reduce calf fatigue, save precious energy, and increase traction on your steps. These heel lifts can be easily engaged with a glove-friendly pull tab, too. It also comes with aggressive size crampons with a unibody decking. Moreover, it has several plastic ribs on the underside to provide traction and act as brakes when coming down steep slopes.
Why we recommend it
The MSR EVO Ascent is a favorite among several off-trail professionals. It makes bushwacking so much easier and more efficient than other large snowshoes. The bindings fold completely, allowing you to attach the snowshoe to your backpack and carry it easily. We also love that they are easy enough to secure. Moreover, the plastic straps are totally waterproof and freeze-resistant.
We are also impressed with the included trekking poles. You don’t need to exert much force to disengage them. The Televator heel lifts reduce the strain on your calves, making it easier to climb steep trails.
- Aggressive snowshoe crampons for superior traction
- Snowshoe bindings flat against a backpack for convenient carrying
- Waterproof and freeze-resistant plastic straps
- Steel traction rails and brake bars for a secure grip
- Offers quality and reliability of better-quality shoes
- Televator heel lifts to reduce calf fatigue and maintain excellent contact between crampons and the snow surface
- Can be heavier than a standalone snowshoe
- Bindings may not be as fast as others
5. WINTERIAL MAMMOTH SNOWSHOES
Winterial Mammoth is the most advanced snowshoes for high-level users and mountain terrains. It is expertly crafted to fit the needs of experts who are seeking to venture off beaten paths. It is remarkably lightweight and works best for long journeys on the snows. If you are looking for an easy-to-maneuver pair of snowshoes, this is the product for you.
The Winterial Mammoth snowshoe is designed to fit the needs of outdoor enthusiasts. It has a polymer frame and teeth threads to help keep you afloat the snow and maintain structural integrity. It also comes with an incline heel, which is built for advanced trekking. Moreover, it features a heel strap that gives you increased traction when climbing heels and a coated carbon steel crampon for the ultimate stability.
The Winterial snowshoe is durable and lightweight, thanks to its polymer frame. It features metal teeth that make it capable of taking a beating while you trek in the backcountry. The aluminum teeth provide some traction and grip on the snow. It also has an integrated pop-up terrain heal and square-toed design, which makes climbing steep slopes easier.
Why we recommend it
What we love most about the snowshoe is the comfort and durability it provides. Other advanced snowshoes lack security, which makes them uncomfortable during steep uphill climbs. The Winterial Mammoth snowshoe, on the other hand, is built for the mountains and built to last. It is one of a kind, allowing you to tackle the backcountry snow with superior grip and comfort. We are also impressed with the integrated pop-up terrain heal, which makes your adventures on the snow more convenient.
- Comes with aluminum teeth for increased traction and grip
- Comfortable and durable
- Built-in pop-up terrain heal to make climbing easier
- Includes a heel strap for some traction
- Built for the mountains
- Uses a polymer frame and teeth thread to keep you above the snow and maintain structural integrity
- No known disadvantages
6. ALPS ADULT LIGHTWEIGHT SNOWSHOES
Alps Adult Snowshoe Set is a piece of equipment set for women. It is lightweight and durable and features adjustable bindings for specified purposes. The kit comes with a carrying tote bag, snowshoes, and adjustable trekking poles. If you are looking for a reliable snowshoe kit for beginners, this is the product for you.
The Alps Adult is a high-performance, lightweight snowshoe that is very easy to take on and off. It includes adjustable trekking poles that are sturdy enough for mild adventures. It features a 6061 series Easton aluminum frame with durable, lightweight Nytex tubing and decks. The bindings are molded around the footwear to cradle and pad the ball and arch of your feet for comfort. Furthermore, it uses a lacing system that holds your feet securely.
The Alps Adult Snowshoe Set comes with secure Fast-Loc buckles that allow you to wear and take off the footwear easily. It also includes a FREE carrying tote bag for storage and a pair of Anti-Shock Snowshoes trekking poles. Furthermore, the snowshoe has a 6061 Aluminum + HDP frame that boasts medium to high strength, corrosion resistance, and maneuverability.
Why we recommend it
The Alps Adult Lightweight Snowshoe Set is an excellent choice for women. It comes with a carrying tote for effortless handling and storage and a pair of adjustable trekking poles for improved balance, greater stability, and reduced stress on your joints. What we love most about the snowshoe is the lacing system that holds your feet securely. We are also impressed with the Fast-Loc buckles that make it easy for you to wear and take off the snowshoe.
- Fast-Loc buckles for easy and quick donning and doffing
- Lightweight and durable construction
- Adjustable binding for improved mechanical advantage and improved strength
- Comes with carrying tote bag for easy handling and storage
- Adjustable, anti-shock trekking poles to suit your needs
- Excellent price point
- The blades can freeze up after collecting ice
7. LUCKY BUMS YOUTH AND ADULT WITH TREKKING POLES
The Lucky Bums is a snowshoe set for the youth and adult. It is built to last and has better traction and support. It is rated between 65 pounds and 175 pounds, depending on the length, and is suitable for all ages. The set also includes fully adjustable trekking poles to provide balance, improve stability, and reduce fatigue.
The Lucky Bums snowshoe is designed for all ages. It is virtually indestructible, thanks to its aluminum frame and adjustable, kid-friendly bindings. It also boasts better traction and support compared with other contenders. The decking offers long-lasting durability, and the metal toe crampon provides consistent solid traction on packed snow. Furthermore, the set comes with ergonomic handles with grip straps, hard plastic snow baskets, and carbide tips with rubber boots.
The Lucky Bums snowshoe set features a lightweight and extremely durable aluminum frame for long-lasting use and easy handling. It comes with kid-friendly ratchet bindings that you can adjust to ensure a secure fit and maximum efficiency. Every step engages the hinge, which lifts the tail of the shoe, for increased mobility, speed, and lateral support. Moreover, the set includes trekking poles that adjust with a twist and lock system.
Why we recommend it
The Lucky Bums offers high performance without the high price. It provides the perfect balance between safety and reliability, thanks to the range of features that comprise the set. We love that the snowshoe comes with adjustable trekking poles that use a twist and lock system for a secure grip. We also like that it includes a travel bag for easy carrying and storage. Furthermore, it is sturdy and lightweight to suit both youths and adults.
- Built to last with lightweight and durable aluminum frame
- Provides better traction and support, thanks to metal toe crampon and durable deck
- Suitable for all ages
- Includes fully adjustable trekking poles with a twist and lock system
- Ergonomic handles with grip straps for security
- Offers great value for your money
- No noted disadvantages
8. FLASHTEK SNOWSHOES FOR MEN AND WOMEN
Flashtek is a lightweight terrain snowshoe that is suitable for both men and women. It comes in a set, which includes a pair of snowshoes, trekking poles, and a nylon carrying bag. The shoes are actually pretty simple to put on. It features straps that you can pull for a snug fit. If you are looking for a long-lasting, ergonomically-designed terrain snowshoe, this is the product for you.
The Flashtek snowshoes for men and women features an ergonomic and streamlined design that provides maximum flotation and fast movement, even in heavy snow conditions. It has a slightly upturned rounded tail to ensure a comfortable and convenient walk for your favorite winter activities. It also has a fast pull binding system for easy entry and a fast-lock system that allows you to don and doff your winter boots quickly.
The Flashtek features an aluminum + HDPE frame for durable construction. It comes equipped with a Dupont pivot with flexible straps for a snug, comfortable fit. It also includes adjustable trekking poles that extend in length, making it perfect for users of any height. The poles also have an anti-shock spring to reduce the shock that can hurt your elbows overtime. Moreover, you can find height marking on each trekking pole for quick and easy length adjustment.
Why we recommend it
What we love the most about the Flashtek snowshoes for men and women are the trekking poles that come with it. The poles are adjustable that is perfect for users of any height and has an anti-shock spring to protect your elbows. We are also impressed with how easy it is to put on the snowshoes. Thanks to its fast-lock system and fast pull binding system, you can don and doff the winter boots easily and quickly. Moreover, we love the ergonomic and streamlined design that provides efficiency in dynamic weather conditions.
- Ergonomic and streamlined design for high performance
- Adjustable, anti-shock trekking poles
- Fast pull binding system and fast-lock system for easy donning and doffing
- Dupont pivot with flexible straps for a snug fit
- Comes with a carrying bag for easy handling and storage
- Long lasting and lightweight
- Back strap needs improvement
9. PANSEL LIGHTWEIGHT SNOWSHOES FOR MEN AND WOMEN
Pansel is a lightweight snowshoe that suits any gender. You can barely feel anything on your feet with this footwear. It comes with a carrying case that allows you to handle and store the snowshoe easily. The shoe also features aluminum alloy crampons and adjustable bindings. It is perfect for any beginner who is looking for an inexpensive yet functional pair.
The Pansel snowshoe has an ergonomic and streamlined design that mixes comfort and balance. Like the Flashtek, it features a slightly upturned rounded tail for comfortable walking during your hikes and treks. It also comes equipped with a strong metal frame that provides a stable platform and a high-quality polyurethane deck for maximum flotation.
The lightweight snowshoe for men and women includes heel straps with quick release buckles to keep your feet in place. It also comes with all-terrain forged aluminum alloy crampons for aggressive traction.
The Pansel features aluminum alloy crampons, which are perfect for providing traction. This is especially helpful when you are going up and down hills. It also comes with easy-to-use adjustable bindings that allow you to tighten and loosen them across your boots for a secure yet comfortable fit. The double ratchet bindings have a one-buckle tightening mechanism that provides efficient support when paired with the TPE heel strap. Moreover, the snowshoe is made of super lightweight, high-quality materials that guarantee ease of use.
Why we recommend it
What we love most about the Pansel is that it is inexpensive yet very functional. It is remarkably lightweight, too. You can hardly feel anything when you put it on. Plus, it comes with a carrying case that allows you to handle and store the snowshoes efficiently. We are also impressed with the double ratchet bindings that allow you to tighten and loosen across your boots for a secure fit.
- Provides excellent value for your money
- Super lightweight
- Provides a secure fit, thanks to the adjustable ratchet bindings
- Comes with aluminum alloy crampons for superior traction
- Available in lovely colors
- Various sizes for men and women
- Difficult to unlatch back heel strap
10. WINTERIAL PREMIUM SNOWSHOES WITH QUICK FIT BINDINGS
The Winterial Premium is a stable snowshoe with quick fit bindings for fast movement and stability. It is built to perform under any weather condition, so you can just grab it and hit the backcountry whenever you like. It also has a stable and sturdy base for climbing and traversing hills and terrains. If you are looking for sleek, modern snowshoe with superior durability, this is the product for you.
The Winterial Premium boasts a sleek, modern and lightweight design that offers top tier performance at any terrain. It is fitted with steel teeth for a secure grip over icy and steep and climbs. It also comes equipped with a flexible yet strong deck so you can blaze your own trail comfortably and safely. Moreover, it features a quick fitting binding system that allows you to get on the trail faster.
The Winterial Premium is a sleek, modern snowshoe that features a durable plastic flex deck for stability and a quick fit binding system for increased speed. It also comes with a heel lift system for hill climbing and steel crampon style teeth for a secure grip. The set includes a carry bag that allows you to handle the snowshoe easily and anti-lock poles for backcountry blazing. Furthermore, it has a heel lock bar that lets you climb steep slopes while feeling the stability of being on the deck.
Why we recommend it
What we love most about the Winterial Premium snowshoe is the quick fit binding system that gets you on the trailer faster. You simply put your feet in the slots and pull the tab for a secure fit. It also comes with a heel lock bar that allows you to climb steep slopes with stability.
We also love that the set includes a carry bag and a pair of poles. The anti-shock poles are perfect for backcountry trailblazing. Moreover, we are impressed with the steel crampon style teeth, wide base, and deck traction of the snowshoe that help you traverse steep backcountry terrains.
- Sleek, modern, and lightweight design
- Superior traction, thanks to steel crampon style teeth
- Quick fit bindings for increased speed and secure grip
- Durable plastic flex deck for stability
- Heel lift system for hill climbing
- Includes carry bag and anti-shock poles
- Sizing may not match recommended weight limit
11. GSM BRANDS SNOWSHOES WITH CARRYING BAG
GSM Brands is a durable and lightweight snowshoe that includes a carrying bag for storage and transport. It features traction for easy trekking and quick-release bindings for quick and efficient hiking. The snowshoe comes with a money-back guarantee. If it does not live up to your expectations, simply return it for a refund.
The GSM Brands Snowshoe is made to high-quality standards with remarkable specifications. It is 30 inches in length and 9.25 inches in width, making it suitable for adults. It features a durable, lightweight aluminum frame that supports up to 250 pounds and saves you energy while traveling over ice. It also uses a low temperature-resistant HDPE deck for stability.
The snowshoe also has saw-tooth aluminum alloy teeth on the bottom for a secure grip. It uses heavy-duty aluminum crampons for an easy bite and heel crampons for superior grip when heading downhill. Moreover, it features quick-release bindings for easy access.
The GSM Brands snowshoe boasts dual aluminum alloy crampons that provide superior bite and traction in snow and ice. It also comes with a ventilated carry case with handle and shoulder strap for easy transport. Moreover, it features a gear ratchet buckle system that makes the quick-release bindings simple to clip in out.
Why we recommend it
The GSM Brands is the ideal snowshoe for those seeking to traverse icy terrains. It is durable and lightweight, which ensure easy portability and long-lasting use. What we love most about the snowshoe is the superior traction it offers, thanks to aluminum alloy teeth at the bottom that gives an ideal grip on the snow and ice. We are also impressed with the heavy-duty crampons that bite into the snow efficiently, as well as the heel crampons that make heading downhill easier and safer.
- Made of aluminum frame that supports up to 250 pounds
- Low temperature-resistant HDPE deck for stability
- Quick-release bindings with gear ratchet system for easy access
- Dual aluminum allow crampons for easy bite and superior traction
- Includes a ventilated carrying case for easy transport
- Comes with a money-back guarantee
- Bindings may run small at the toe
12. ALPS EXTREME LIGHTWEIGHT SNOWSHOE SET
Alps Extreme is a snowshoe set that includes a pair of snowshoes, poles, and a carrying tote. It has a minimalistic design that works well with both men and women. The snowshoe is incredible and cozy, allowing you to enjoy winter activities like snowshoeing. It is also lightweight, durable, and comes with adjustable bindings.
The Alps Extreme for men and women is a remarkable snowshoe set that includes a pair of lightweight snowshoes. The snowshoe features a lightweight 6000 series aluminum tubing frame and a Nytex deck for stability and durability. It also comes with a carbon steel toe and heel crampons for a secure grip. Moreover, it has bindings molded around the boots to cradle and pad your feet.
The Alps Extreme also comes with a pair of anti-shock snowshoes walking poles for balance and a FREE carrying tote bag for easy portability.
The Alps Extreme snowshoe features heel crampons with front and rear braking teeth for a secure grip. You don’t have to worry about stability and safety when heading uphill, downhill, or side hill in packed snow conditions anymore. It also boasts a lacing system that holds your feet securely. Moreover, it comes with easy Fast-Loc buckles for quick and simple donning and doffing.
Why we recommend it
The Alps Extreme is a comfortable snowshoe set. It is also lightweight and durable, which makes it suitable for packed snow conditions. We are most impressed with the carbon steel toe and heel crampons that provide a secure grip. We also love the bindings that are molded around the boots to protect the ball and arch of your feet against pressure. The carrying tote bag and anti-shock walking poles are an awesome addition to the already exceptional snowshoe.
- 6000 series Easton aluminum frame and Nytex deck for stability and durability
- Carbon steel toe and heel crampons for a secure grip
- No pressure points, thanks to bindings molded around the boots
- Features a lacing system that secures your feet
- Fast-Loc buckles for easy donning and doffing
- Includes a carrying bag and a pair of anti-shock walking poles
- The poles can be a little too hard to adjust
13. GPENG SNOWSHOES FOR MEN AND WOMEN
Gpeng snowshoe set is a functional kit that includes a pair of snowshoes, anti-shock walking poles, and carrying tote bag. It comes in various sizes and weight capacity so you can choose whichever suits your needs. The materials are made of high-performance alloy and TPE thermoplastic elastomer to ensure durability. If you are looking for a durable yet comfortable snowshoe kit, this is the product for you.
The Gpeng snowshoe has a modern design, paired with a durable metal frame and high-quality decking. It is made of high-performance aluminum alloy and TPE thermoplastic elastomer that flexes up to -40°C. The metal frame provides a stable platform while the PE decking offers maximum flotation. The snowshoe also features heel straps with quick-release buckles for easy donning and doffing.
The package includes a pair of anti-shock adjustable snowshoeing poles to increase your sense of balance and condition your muscles to work harder. It also comes with a free carrying tote bag for easy portability.
The Gpeng snowshoe features all-terrain forged aluminum alloy crampons that provide aggressive traction. It also boasts fully adjustable double ratchet bindings that fit most footwear and enables a secure fit. Moreover, it comes with a one-buckle tightening mechanism and a TPE heel strap for efficient support.
Why we recommend it
What we love most about the Gpeng set are the double ratchet bindings. You can adjust them to fit your footwear and secure your feet for maximum efficiency during outdoor treks. We also love its one-buckle tightening mechanism that provides efficient support. Moreover, we are impressed with the materials used to construct it. The high-performance aluminum alloy and TPE thermoplastic elastomer make the Gpeng one of the most stable and durable snowshoes on the market.
- Lightweight and high-quality snowshoes designed for ease and comfort
- Ergonomic and streamlined design that makes walking easy
- Uses high-quality materials for comfort and safety
- UV resistant polyethylene to make sure deep snow doesn’t bother you
- Aluminum tubing frame for a sturdy yet lightweight build
- Easy to get on and off
- Does not come with an instruction manual
14. YUKON CHARLIES SHERPA SNOWSHOE
The Yukon Charlies Sherpa is a classic snowshoe with a new design and updated features. It comes with an ultra-durable HDPE decking and coated steel crampons for a secure grip and footing. If you are looking for a snowshoe that can be your go-to-option for years of trouble-free snowshoeing, this is the product for you.
The Sherpa has a user-friendly design that lets you get in and out of the snowshoe quickly. It features a 6000 aluminum frame that is built to last for years. It also comes with an aluminum heel plate, which is lightweight and slip-proof. Moreover, the snowshoe has an HDPE decking paired with forged steel crampons that grip the snow and provide secure footing.
The Yukon Charlies Sherpa features the user-friendly Quik Clik II ratchet binding system that ensures quick and easy access to the footwear anytime. It also comes with Quik Clik II ratchet binding system to provide a secure fit. Moreover, the snowshoe boasts a Snow Motion Axle System that makes it an excellent choice for less aggressive users who want to take their snowshoe experience to a higher level.
Why we recommend it
The Sherpa is back with a new design and updated features. We love that it uses an ultra-durable HDPE deck and coated steel crampons for a secure grip. We are also impressed with the ultra-strong 6000 aluminum frame, which is the strongest and most torsionally-rigid frame the company offers. You can push the snowshoe to its limits since it is built to last through many seasons.
The Sherpa is made for gears and users between 251 and 300 pounds. You can load up your backpack and strap on the snowshoe to get you going on your next winter adventure.
- Uses a Snow Motion Axle System that pivots with your every movement
- Made of 6000 Aluminum Frame that is built to last many years
- Quik Clik II ratchet binding system and Rapid-Lite Flex heel strap for speedy entry and exit
- Lightweight and slip-proof aluminum heel plate
- Great product for a great price
- Great weight capacity of up to 300 pounds
- The frame may not be strong enough to support the maximum weight limit
15. WINTERIAL HIGHLAND SNOWSHOES
Winterial Highland is a lightweight and durable snowshoe that is perfect for all types of winter activities. It is specifically crafted to fit the needs of experts and beginners alike. The recreational snowshoe is one of a kind. It is built for the mountains and designed to last. If you are looking for a pair that offers ultimate grip and comfort in any snowshoeing condition, this is the product for you.
The Winterial Highland snowshoe is designed to meet the needs of outdoor enthusiasts. It features an aluminum frame with teeth threads that keep you above the snow and maintain the snowshoe’s structural integrity. It also comes with a heel strap that provides increased traction when you are climbing hills.
The set includes a pair of snowshoes, two snowshoe poles, and a carry bag. The poles are adjustable to your height and use an anti-shock technology to enhance your comfort.
The Winterial Highland snowshoe has a polymer/aluminum deck that is flexible and durable. It comes with coated carbon steel crampons to prevent snow and ice from clumping. It also includes adjustable aluminum poles with anti-lock technology. Moreover, it features a sturdy aluminum frame and plastics to make the snowshoe capable of taking a beating during your backcountry adventures.
Why we recommend it
There are three things that we love most about the Winterial Highland snowshoe. It offers comfort, which is lacking in most snowshoe brands. It is also extremely functional. It has heel bindings to make hill climbing easier and aluminum teeth to provide superior grip and traction. Furthermore, it is lightweight to give you the ultimate snowshoeing experience.
- Provides superior comfort, thanks to its adjustable poles
- Made for everyday snowshoeing, easy to use
- Extremely lightweight and durable
- Works really well with flat and hill terrains
- Increased traction through heel strap
- Makes hill climbing easier
- Can be a little long and wide that makes it clunky when ascending or descending
Snowshoeing offers numerous health and fitness benefits. It builds strength, endurance, and balance. It also burns 420 to 700 calories per hour, depending on weather conditions and your speed. Fortunately, you don’t need to break the bank to get healthy during the winter. Snowshoeing only requires inexpensive equipment and the terrains to have fun. The mountains are incredible to hike with the right snowshoes.
Snowshoes are low cost and can help you have a happier and healthier winter season. If you are looking for your next pair this winter or want to get better snowshoes, consider the above products. They are all lightweight, durable, and safe.
Last update on 2020-07-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API