- Gain increased packing capacity with the simple pull of a zipper. Perfect for packing souvenirs. Soft gel grip carry handles are sturdy and easy to grab
- Large zippered mesh pocket is ideal for undergarments, belts and ties and helps keep small easy-to-lose items in one place. Split book style opening allows you to separate your belongings into two compartments
- Ergonomically designed handle system is durable and reliable for trouble free use. With multiple locking stages, adjust to the height that best fits your need. Self-repairing zippers and ergonomic zipper pullers are designed for smooth, reliable operation
- Elastic straps help keep contents from moving during transit to prevent wrinkles. Components and materials are tested through series of tests ensuring durability and reliability
- Durable polymer shell. Zip entry to main compartment.
- Multi-stage retractable handle with gel grip. 360 spinner wheel system.
- Top and side gel carry handles. Expandable packing capacity.
- Zippered mesh divider. Zippered hanging pocket.
- Elastic tie-down straps. 10-Year Limited Warranty.
Since 1910, Skyway Luggage has long been a company of innovation. They are credited with bringing the first commercial luggage on wheels to the luggage industry. This reputation continues, even after the company was acquired in 2012 by Ricardo Beverly Hills. And now it’s time to showcase the result of teaming up with a high fashion brand in the Nimbus 24-inch luggage.
The Skyway Luggage Nimbus hardsided upright is a great example of a travel bag that will perform well and last. The bag is made of 100 percent ABS (acrylonitrile butadiene styrene) composite. This gives it the hard sides that many travelers love but also the flexible durability that we have come to rely on. In addition, the Nimbus is slightly too big for a carry on, but is a well-designed checked bag. It can serve both on aircraft for a big trip, but also for a cruise or road trip.
A Hardsided Bag to Check In – Skyway Luggage Nimbus
Skyway Luggage’s Nimbus is a hardsided upright suitcase that fits that “in between” space. While the bag is too large to be considered a carry on for most US domestic airlines, it is smaller than the largest of the checked bags. It’s the ideal bag for someone who has a little more to carry, but still needs a conveniently sized, durable bag. While the traveler will need to check the bag, she will have an easier time maneuvering through the rest of her journey with the Nimbus at her side.
Designed for Durability
The Skyway Nimbus was designed with durability in mind. The hardsided construction is immediately resistant to scratching and scuffs, but also dings and dents. The Skyway Luggage Nimbus provides a clear level of protection surrounding your personal items to makes most travelers feel much more secure. Because it is a hardsided bag, there are no exterior pockets but it is large enough to have plenty of interior space. It does have a zippered mesh compartment on the interior to help with organization and separation of your accessories. But the hard sides give an experienced traveler an easy base upon which to pack.
As previously mentioned, the Nimbus is a mid-sized bag. It is 24 inches tall and 18 inches wide. It is available in black, raspberry, silver or lime green. The hard shiny surface of the bag gives it a nice rugged feel, but the colors make it either a bright personal statement or a slick professional case. In any color, the handles and accent colors are in black. This includes the zipper track and flexible hinge that surround the bag.
Spinner Wheels and More on Skyway Luggage Nimbus
The Skyway Luggage Nimbus has a few great features that add to the functionality of the bag. The chief inclusion is the spinner wheels on each corner of the bag. These wheels which rotate easily in any direction, allow the bag to be pulled or pushed by the traveler and the suitcase can glide along on any surface. That is a great feature on a bag of this size, which is the right size to accompany you on a road trip or other journey.
In addition to the excellent wheels, the bag also features a telescoping handle which allows the traveler to pull the bag behind them or push it ahead as they traverse the airport. The handle includes a rubberized grip which feels smooth the touch and fits well in hand. The Nimbus has additional rubberized handles on the top of the side of the bag to make it easy to manipulate in storage compartments or tight spaces.
A Checked Bag for Cloud Nine
The Skyway Luggage Company’s Nimbus suitcase is a great bag for the in between journeys. When you have a trip that’s more than the weekend, but less than several weeks, the Skyway Luggage Nimbus is a great suitcase with quality construction that can meet that need.
Last update on 2020-05-31 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API