- Rat trap is the original wood-based wire snap trap with metal trip petal
- Clean and quick trapping method
- Made in the USA
- Built using environmentally friendly wood harvested from FSC certified wood
- Humane Live Animal Trap - After catching them, you can release them at any time. Product Size: 10.5 x 5.5 x 4.5 inches. If you want to catch a bigger one, please choose the large size.
- Light Weight Aluminum Structure - Sturdy and Durable, the finest wire mesh won't be bitten open by those small animals' teeth.
- High sensitive trigger mechanism - Once the trigger is touched, the door will be auto-locked immediately and keep the critters in it.
- Exclusive Patented Design - Innovative, efficient and easy to use, it's widely recognized by the users.
- Premium Customer Service - If it's damaged in a half year, please show us the pictures and we will send you a replacement.
- Reusable trap effectively kills rats and is easy to set by hand or foot
- Interlocking teeth make escape virtually impossible
- High impact plastic and rust resistant metals allow the rat trap to be re-used again and again
- Removable bait cup lets you bait the trap without setting
- Place snap trap perpendicular to a wall or other structure where rats are known to travel
If you need a rat trap, it’s clear to see you have a problem. Having a rat infestation is the last thing you want, and you will need to buy rat traps as a matter of urgency. However, the market is now flooded with all manner of traps, making it more challenging to find a solution that works for you.
Three rat trap types may appeal to you. An electronic trap is suitable for those who want a quick, painless, and effortless death for a rat. A snap trap is an affordable and bulk method to rat destruction that isn’t always effective. A humane trap, however, is more suitable for people who want to release rats away from their property without killing them.
The type of trap you use is dependent on the extent of your problem and your conscience. If you don’t want to harm wildlife, choose a humane trap. If you have a significant problem, however, bulk buying snap traps could be more suitable.
If you don’t want to see the rats while you trap and kill them, then an electronic one could be the best choice. Rodent zapper traps tend to be more humane than snap traps because they send thousands of volts through the rodent, killing it immediately.
There is no denying that rats can be a problem both in residential and commercial areas. They breed out of control, cause damage to property and can be a health hazard due to the diseases they carry.
It may be time to shop for new rat traps if you want to take matters into your own hands and rid yourself of a rat problem. Take action today and see if any of these rat traps below are suitable for your needs.
9. Abco Tech Electronic Humane Rodent Zapper, Effective Trap Killer
While a regular rat trap is affordable and easy to use, it’s often not effective. What’s more, you have to clean up the mess they leave behind and reset the traps with your hands. However, this powerful but humane rodent zapper from Abco Tech is providing homeowners with an alternative solution.
Rather than make rats suffer through the pain of being crushed with a trap, they are immediately subject to 7,000 volts which kills them instantly. You can then remove the rodents with minimal effort as the light and alert lets you know when the trap has something in it.
To remove a rodent, lift the lid and empty it into a rubbish bin. It’s that simple. While this rat trap is more expensive than regular rat traps, it’s a clean, poison-free and safe method of killing rodents which can be a health hazard.
Because it also has a wireless circuit sensor, it can sense when a rodent is in it but will not let it escape with its life. This trap is humane, effective, and lightning fast. Therefore, it’s well worth a closer look.
- Wireless circuit sensor
- 7,000 volts
- Painless and humane
- Alkaline D batteries – not included
- Suitable for up to 30 kills on one set of batteries
- 11 x 5 x 4.5 inches
- It’s humane, and death is instant
- Safe for a house with children
- Far more expensive than a mouse trap
- The light doesn’t always work to let you know there is a rodent in it
8. Kat Sense Pest Control Rat Traps
If you are in the middle of a rat crisis, with disgusting rodents running free throughout your home and property, one rat trap won’t cut it. Instead, you need six robust, hardy, and effective traps that will get the job done quickly and with 100 percent success.
When you purchase Kat Sense rat traps, you can rest assured they will get the job done. Even the most massive rat is no match for this safe and sanitary method of pest control. Each of the six traps features stainless-steel springs, a hands-free disposal method, and robust polystyrene which will handle even the strongest rats. What’s more, with a 100 percent kill rate, you can rest assured your rat problem will be over sooner rather than later.
This rat trap set is also more effective than others on the market because it shuts with 35 percent more force over other snap traps. As a result, it kills rats more humanely and with more success than others can. With a competitive price tag and easy-care approach, there’s every reason to consider adding these rat traps to your wish list.
- Sanitary and safe
- Stainless-steel spring
- Hands-free disposal
- 100 percent kill rate
- Sleek design
- Very affordable
- Easy to use
- More effective than other trapping methods
- The rats don’t always die immediately
- It’s not the most humane method
- The springs can come loose
7. Kat Sense Large Mice Traps
Not every rat trap you come across is going to do what it’s supposed to. It may be designed to trap rats, but will it do it properly? You don’t need to ask that question with this large rat trap from Kat Sense. With unparalleled power and force, this rat trap has a 100 percent success rate and no reason to doubt its capacity.
It has a robust polystyrene construction to stop the rat from creating a mess, and it’s entirely washable as well. What’s more, it’s odorless, safe, and sanitary to use.
What people will also appreciate about this rat trap is the ease of use. Even if you find yourself in the middle of a rat plague, you can quickly add bait, line the trap up where you want it, set it, then empty a dead rat into the bin. You never have to touch the rodent either. It’s a quick, effortless, and effective way of taking care of rodents for good.
- Increased trapping power
- Precise trigger mechanism
- Bait cups
- Polystyrene construction
- Stainless steel springs
- Secure Seize design
- 100 percent kill rate
- Quick and effective
- Affordable to buy
- Great success rate
- Easy to set up
- Doesn’t always kill them immediately
- The trap plate is thin so can crack once it traps a rat
6. P PERNEAT Electronic Rat Trap with High Voltage
No one truly enjoys killing furry critters, but sometimes for the health and sanity of your family, you need to set a rat trap. However, not every rat trap is humane or practical, which is why it might be a good idea to take a closer look at an electronic rat trap.
This one from P PERNEAT is a prime example of how to kill a rat with minimal effort. Rather than deal with half-dead rats, squished rodents, or blood and guts everywhere, you can rely on this trap to kill rodents immediately with no mess or fuss. It will almost be like they died of natural causes.
All you need to do is plug the unit into your power outlet or use batteries, and let the rat trap do all the work. As soon as a rat goes into it, 8,000 volts will course through its little body, killing it immediately. It will not feel any pain or suffering which can ease your conscience.
When a rodent has died in the trap, the sensor light will also flash, letting you know that there is a rat dead inside that you need to remove. You can then remove the lid then tip it over a rubbish bin without ever having to handle the rodent. Nothing says convenient better than this electronic rat trap for home or commercial use.
- Micro-electronic circuit
- Low electricity consumption
- Immediate death
- 8,000 volts
- Adaptor included
- Status light
- Poison and chemical-free
- No mess or guts to clean
- You don’t need to touch the rodent
- Quick and humane death
- No need for poison or chemicals
- You can use it with an adaptor or batteries
- It’s a hygienic method
- The flashing light deters rats at night
5. Rat Zapper Classic Rat Trap
If you want a quick, painless, and effortless way of taking care of the rodents on your property, then set your sights on this rat trap from Rat Zapper. Unlike other traps on the market that use springs and force to crush and kill rodents, this one uses electricity.
As soon as a rat enters through the tunnel for a nibble on the food you left in it, it is immediately killed by thousands of volts of electricity. The electricity comes from the four AA batteries you place within it. While you don’t get the batteries when you buy the rat trap, they are affordable to buy separately and can last for up to 60 days.
When the trap takes care of business, the sensor light then flashes, letting you know that a rat is inside. You can then remove it without ever having to look at or touch the rat. It’s a touch-free and view-free approach to rodent killing.
This rat trap is also safe for households with children and large pets and doesn’t require any chemicals or poisons. You will be impressed with how useful and convenient this rat trap is.
- Four AA batteries – not included
- 30-60-day battery life
- Safe and sanitary
- Suitable for home use
- You don’t have to look at the rat or handle it when you dispose of it
- It’s clean and sanitary
- It’s safe for a home with children and large pets
- It doesn’t need any poisons or chemicals
- It kills the rodents without any blood or mess
- The batteries can last up to two months
- The batteries aren’t included
- It doesn’t run on a power adapter like others on the market
4. AB Traps Predator Snap Traps
If you are not interested in humane traps that keep rats and other rodents alive, then give them a relatively quick death with a rat trap from AB Traps. If you find yourself overrun with rats, having rat traps you can rely on is imperative. After all, rats are a hygiene and health hazard and killing them is often the only option.
If you don’t want to spend a lot of money to take care of them, this two-pack of rat traps ensures you don’t need to either. Even though they are highly effective, they don’t cost the earth.
You can benefit from a highly sensitive spring-loaded trap that ensures the rodent has no time to escape, all the while being reusable as well. Once you kill a rodent with the rat trap, you can release it into the bin, give the trap a quick clean, then set it back to work again. It’s fast, effective, and death is immediate.
Rather than put up with a rat problem that will only get worse, invest in quick and painless traps that will get the job done.
- Sensitive design
- Money-back guarantee
- Suitable for rats, mice, and other pests
- Comes with two
- High kill rate
- Effortless to use
- Suitable for mice as well as rats and other pests
- Hygienic and easy to clean
- They don’t always kill the rats immediately
- Crueler than other traps
3. CaptSure Humane Smart Mouse Trap
Even if you find yourself with a rat and mice problem, you don’t need to resort to killing them with a rat trap. Instead, why not buy a rat trap that catches them but keeps them safe?
This smart and humane mouse trap and rat trap from CaptSure is cruelty-free and offers no pain to the trapped rodents. Animal rights organizations and humane societies globally support this catch and release method, and you are sure to as well.
These traps are safe for use in a home with animals and children, and they require no use of chemicals or poisons either. Instead, all you do is set them up, wait to catch a rodent, then release it away from your home.
While small baby mice often don’t set off the trigger because of their small weight, they do catch the majority of mice and rats that decide to check out what’s inside the transparent tunnel.
Rather than buy an inhumane rat trap and kill a rat, buy a humane trap and get rid of it nicely.
- Catch and release style
- Child and pet-safe
- Lifetime warranty
- Endorsed by cruelty-free associations
- You get to relocate the animals as opposed to killing them
- It’s cruelty-free
- The animals don’t have to die
- Effective trapping method
- Affordable to buy
- They are transparent so you can see the rodents inside
- You get two traps
- They are large enough for rats and mice
- Hard to clean
- The trigger isn’t sensitive, so it lets small mice out
2. Trapro Humane Rat Cage Trap
Rather than kill rats that never did anything to you with a rat trap, why not opt for a more humane trapping method? Using this rat trap from Trapro, you can catch those pesky rats then relocate them to live out their days in peace. You get rid of the rats, and they get to leave with their life – it’s a win-win situation.
However, the benefits don’t end there. This affordable trap is rust and corrosion-resistant, is non-toxic, requires no baits or poisons, and doesn’t kill the rats. You can set the trigger for the door then wait for a critter to jump inside. It’s also suitable for weasels, chipmunks, and other similar-sized animals. It’s not ideal for squirrels though.
Rather than kill rodents and have to clean up the mess, opt for a more secure, safe, and clean method which involves convenience and a live creature you can release back into the wild unharmed.
- Rust and corrosion-resistant
- Spring control door
- 12.5 x 5 x 6.5 inches
- Suitable for chipmunks, weasels, rats, and other pests
- The trigger is sensitive
- It doesn’t harm the animals
- It won’t deteriorate if left outside
- The door is spring-controlled
- It’s suitable for a range of critters
- It’s very affordable
- It requires no chemicals or toxins
- It’s a humane trapping method
- You can’t use it for squirrels
- It’s easy to hurt yourself when setting it
1. Havahart One Door Animal Trap for Rats, Chipmunk, Squirrel, and Weasel
Even if you don’t like having rats in your home or on your property, it doesn’t mean you want to see them dead in a rat trap. Rather than get rid of rats by killing them, why not trap them with a one-door rat trap from Havahart and relocate them? No animals have to die because they are in the wrong place.
This rat trap, which is suitable for squirrels, weasels, and other critters, is 16 x 6 inches. It features robust galvanized steel, 12-gauge wire mesh, and a gravity-action door which is one way only. Once the critters see the bait and wander in, the door shuts behind them, trapping them in. The trigger rod is also external which means they won’t damage it like other traps with it inside.
You can then carry the trap to another location and release the animals back into the wild. No one needs to come to harm when there are other effective removal methods such as this Havahart rat trap.
- 16 x 6 x 6 inches
- Galvanized steel
- 12-gauge wire mesh
- Gravity action door
- Suitable for chipmunks, squirrels, rats, weasels, and more
- Fully assembled
- External trigger rod
- Humane trapping method
- Easy to use
- Robust to handle large critters
- Doesn’t require assembly
- Suitable for a range of pests
- Doesn’t kill or harm the animals
- The metal gets hot during the day which can burn rodent feet
- The trigger plate doesn’t move easily
Considerations for Purchasing a Rat Trap
No one wants to have rats overrunning their property, but leaving them there without interfering can result in a dramatic increase of them as well as a danger to your family and property.
However, knowing which action to take, and which rat trap, can be a challenge – mainly when you’re unfamiliar with what options are available. Below, you can learn about the considerations and steps to take to arm yourself with rat traps. Choosing the right one will ensure you take care of your rat problem sooner rather than later.
- TypeThe type can matter as there is no one-size-fits-all approach to solving a rat problem. There are three main trap types; snap traps, electronic traps, and humane traps. Snap traps are small, portable and reusable traps that snap a spring-loaded bar over a rat, crushing it to death. In many cases, death isn’t instant.An electronic trap, however, releases between 7,000 and 8,000 volts, killing a rat immediately. Death is painless and swift while the rat doesn’t leave behind any mess either.A humane trap will trap rats and other rodents, but will not kill them. Instead, you can take the trap somewhere else to relocate the rodents off your property. This is a preferred option for many people.
- SizeThe size matters because you want to make sure the trap is a suitable size for the rodent you are looking to kill. For example, a mouse trap isn’t going to be ideal for a giant rat, nor will a giant rat trap be suitable for a small mouse.
- PriceAs a whole, rat traps are quite affordable. The more expensive options tend to be the electronic traps, but these are often more effective at killing rats humanely. You may have to pay more for a humane method, but it can clear your conscious.
- EffectivenessIf you need to remove rats from your property, you need a rat trap that’s effective. It doesn’t matter whether you want them dead or alive, if it doesn’t work at all, it’s no good to you.Some triggers on traps aren’t sensitive which means baby rats may not set them off. Snap traps, on the other hand, may only injure a rat and cause severe pain rather than killing it instantly.
Last update on 2020-07-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API