- Durable brass construction to withstand the rigors of baggage handling
- Each lock ships with 2 keys (4 per set)
- Accepted and Recognized by the TSA
- MOST DURABLE TSA RECOGNIZED AND ACCEPTED LOCK. Forge locks are designed from the ground up to be the toughest luggage locks around. Our special alloy lock bodies, tightly braided and sheathed steel cables, hardened steel cable lock ends as well as patented internal mechanisms can take such a pounding that we back our product up with an unconditional lifetime guarantee. If you can find a way to break these locks, we’ll gladly refund or replace them.
- EASY TO SET 3 DIGIT COMBINATION. Our combination locks have an easy to use lever mechanism to set the combination. Simply set the locks to the factory default combination of 0-0-0, flip the lever with a pen and enter your personal combination. The combination can also be changed as many times as you like. Never worry about accidently changing your lock to the wrong combination or your combination being changed during rough handling.
- SECURITY WITH THE FLEXIBILITY OF A CABLE LOCK. Cable locks can handle situations that normal lock shackles simply can’t. Our lock’s cable is thin enough to thread through all standard sized zippers and hard case lock holes but strong enough to protect your belongings. At a length of 4 in from end to end and an internal looped length of 1.5 in when locked, our cable offers the flexibility to secure nearly any suitcase, hard case, gun case, etc. on the market.
- ALWAYS RELOCKED, ALWAYS PROTECTED. Most TSA locks on the market do not need to be re-locked by a TSA agent after their inspection is completed. With our TSA luggage lock, the agent has to re-lock your suitcase to remove their key. With Forge you never worry about your suitcase locks being left open again.
- MANY USES WITH LOTS OF VARIETY. Forge travel locks can be used on a wide variety of items besides suitcases or luggage. These locks can be used on a briefcase, gym locker, purse, backpack or laptop bag.
- 3-DIGIT COMBINATION LOCK. Set your own 3-digit combination with ease. It literally takes half a minute to enter your whatever combination you want with the detailed instructions and pictures There is no key provided for all TSA Approved combination locks.
- EASY TO READ AND SET DIALS. These high contrast dials make reading your combination a breeze. No more squinting or searching for glasses as you try to open your locks.
- 100% TSA APPROVED LUGGAGE LOCKS. All travel locks we sell are certified and designed from the ground up to be the strongest and durable luggage locks in the market. The key slot of TSA locks is designed for security officers to use to access the luggage for inspection.
- ALWAYS RELOCKED, ALWAYS PROTECTED. TSA agents never leave Your bags unlocked after inspections, Because they cannot remove the key without re-locking It. So You can keep belongings safe after TSA inspection!
- WIDE RANGE OF USES. The sturdy locks we sell can be used international on a wide variety of items besides luggage or suitcases. These high quality padlocks can be used on a backpack zipper, baggage, gym locker, purse, gun case, briefcase, cabinet, toolbox golf bag or laptop bag.
Love to travel but are afraid of losing your belongings? Well, with luggage locks that are keyless, lightweight as well as extremely resilient in built, you don’t have to worry about your luggage getting lost or stolen at any time during your trip! “We have also written a complete guide about “We have also written a complete guide about best traveler’s choice luggage sets“.
Different kinds of luggage locks available
Over the years luggage locks have vastly evolved! From keys to keyless and now with some smart tech savvy mechanisms to ensure the safety of your belongings, luggage locks have become a highly sought product that comes in a variety of different kinds! Here are some of the common ones that you are most likely to come across:
Luggage locks with three digit combination codes
The more recent and versatile locks today are the ones that employ the usage of a three digit combination lock system. These combination digits can be set and reset according to the user’s personal preferences and cut down the hassles surrounding taking care of loose hanging keys!
Luggage locks with keys
The more traditional luggage locks are those that employ the usage of a key for opening them! These are usually made out of heavier metals like brass that include a combination of zinc alloy and copper! Despite the weight, these locks are very sturdy and long lasting!
Luggage locks with necessary relocking mechanisms
TSA approved luggage locks allow TSA agents to open the locks with a special key that they have to inspect the luggage within the bag. However, the TSA agents occasionally forget or neglect relocking the locks after inspection! But with luggage locks that come with necessary relocking mechanisms, the TSA agents are compelled to relock the locks in order to retrieve their keys!
Luggage locks with open alert indicators
How can one make sure that their luggage has been inspected thoroughly? And more importantly how can one make sure that none of it is missing? With luggage locks that come with open alert indicators, users are automatically notified about their luggage being opened up via a red light indicator that goes off under the steel shackles!
Key advantages of getting a luggage lock
Luggage locks may fulfill a specialized function; that is keeping you things safe during your travels, however, today luggage looks do so much more than that! They not only keep your luggage safe but can be used in a variety of different places as well such as cabinets, laptop bags and many more. Here are some of the common advantages of getting a luggage lock:
- Opting for a TSA approved luggage lock ensures that your luggage is not violated and the locks are not broken off in order to thoroughly go through the contents of the bag.
- Luggage locks ensure protection against thieves and potential malicious activities.
- Luggage locks are lightweight and compact hence don’t get stuck within conveyor belts either.
- Luggage locks with three digit combination codes can be easily set and reset without worrying about taking extra care of loose hanging keys.
- While zippers can be tampered with, breaking high density steel shackles of a luggage lock takes a long time!
Key features of the best luggage locks
With many different kinds of luggage locks available today, the best of the best luggage locks all have some common features that make them some of the most sought after luggage locks in the industry! Here are a list of key features you ought to keep in mind when shopping for your next set of luggage locks!
- 3 digit combination
Gone are the days when you had to worry about losing keys with you luggage locks. Today, some of the best luggage locks in the industry come with three digit combinations that can be easily set and reset by the user according to their personal preferences. These are usually set with the help of a manual that comes with the lock so that the user doesn’t get confused at any time.
- Sturdy steel shackles
The best of the best luggage locks come with hard wearing steel shackles that are at least 3 millimeter wide. Steel shackles are difficult to cut through especially when at least 3 millimeter wide in size!
- TSA approved
The best of the best luggage locks today are TSA approved. This is helpful because, TSA approved locks can be easily opened by special keys provided by the authority to only TSA agents. This means there are very less chances of your lock being broken to access the contents within the luggage!
- Flexible cables
While steel shackles are set in a perfect way, there are some locks that come with sturdy steel cables as well. These cables are extremely flexible and stable at the same time which means they don’t compromise on quality at all! Moreover, their flexible nature allows users to easily thread them through a number of different sized hoops in a number of different bags and places! There are also some locks that come with double steel cables on either end which enhances security twofold because the user can hoop one end through the handle and the other through the zipper pull!
- Long lasting built
Some of the most contemporary luggage locks are made out of a lightweight yet high strength zinc alloy metal! It is one of the stronger metals in the group and contains approximately 55% to 95% copper! Other luggage locks are made from die-cast and pure brass both of which are also very sturdy in nature with the latter being a bit heavier than the others!
- Alert indicator
How can you make sure you belongings are held safe at all times? With the help of a high tech system known as the alert indicator, luggage locks nowadays let their users know if their bag or luggage has been opened by a TSA agent for inspection. The alert indicator is in the form of a red light that goes off under the steel shackle if the lock has been tampered with.
- Necessary relocking
Occasionally TSA agents forget to relock the luggage lock after inspecting the bag. However, to ensure the safety of your luggage, the necessary relocking mechanism insures that the TSA agent cannot remove their key without relocking the lock first!
With all the essential features and types of luggage locks found in the industry listed above, we have put together a list of the best of the best luggage locks that not only incorporate all these features but give you some peace of mind regarding your next traveling expenditure! “We have also written a complete guide about best luggage sets“.
1. Forge TSA Lock 4 Pack 4 Colors – Open Alert Indicator, Alloy Body, Easy Read Dials
Extremely robust and durable, the Forge TSA Lock 4 Pack 4 Colors is made with the best of the best mechanisms that ensure the user’s things safety at all times! With the open alert indicator system and the relocking mechanism, this is one of the top of the line locks in the industry!
Robust and durable
The Forge TSA Lock 4 Pack 4 Colors is made from robust alloy material which makes this lock one of the most robust in the industry! Combined with the steel shackles and top of the line internal mechanisms this lock becomes indestructible! The manufacturers claim that the lock can take a good pounding without coming loose and if anyone manages to find a way to break the lock, they will gladly give a full refund!
It’s always difficult ascertaining if a TSA agent has unlocked our luggage for inspection or not. And more than once people have occasionally wondered where their things have gotten missing! However, with the Open Alert Indicator system in the Forge TSA Lock 4 Pack 4 Colors you don’t have to worry about anything! In case your luggage has been opened, a red indicator will pop up on the lock under the steel shackle! Moreover, most forge locks don’t require relocking by the TSA agent after inspection. However, this lock doesn’t allow the agent to remove their key without relocking the lock first!
Easy combination lock
With an easily comprehensible manual, the Forge TSA Lock allows users to adequately set their preferred lock combination! The manual has pictorial descriptions along with short and precise instruction to help users easily place a combination on their lock! The 3 digit combination is much easier to remember than the hassle of taking care of loose hanging keys!
Pros and Cons
- The locks versatile design makes it a great option to be used on a number of different things other than traveling luggage. For example gym bags.
- The 3 digit combination keys are easy to read and dial around.
- The relocking mechanism doesn’t let the agent remove the key without relocking the lock first!
- Some users complained about the lock getting jammed.
2. Tarriss TSA Lock with SearchAlert (2 Pack)
With an easy to maneuver flexible cable in place of steel shackles, the Tarriss TSA Lock with SearchAlert (2 Pack) is one of the favorites among travelers and users! The cable is smooth but durable and extremely sturdy and will not come undone no matter what the circumstances!
Sturdy built and search alert
Made from high strength zinc alloy the Tarriss TSA Lock with SearchAlert (2 Pack) are the perfect embodiment of strength and durability! Users don’t have to worry about changing locks soon as these ones are built to last a lifetime! Moreover, the lock features a search alert indicator which goes from green to red incase the luggage is opened by a TSA agent at any time during your travels!
Unlike steel shackles, the flexible cable of the Tarriss TSA Lock with SearchAlert (2 Pack) allows for easy threading within luggage zippers and closers! The steel shackles also have a higher chance of jamming in and are quite restricted in terms of flexibility. However, the flexible cable doesn’t jab as much and can easily be molded to fit in any closure!
Easy to read combination
Perhaps one of the best features of the Tarriss TSA Lock with SearchAlert (2 Pack) is the easy to read combination dials. The large enough digits make it easy for even those with reduced eye sight to see easily. Moreover, the combination can be set and rest multiple times to ensure safety and security of the luggage at the user’s personal discretion.
Pros and Cons
- You can easily line up the three digit combination without worrying about the numbers fiddling under your touch.
- The construction of the lock makes it easy to be used in a variety for settings such as gym lockers and even bike helmets!
- These locks are recognized and approved by TSA agents which means you don’t have to worry about your lock getting cut off for inspection.
- Some users complained about the lock getting undone without the combination code even.
3. 4 Pack Open Alert Indicator TSA Approved 3 Digit Luggage Locks for Travel Suitcase & Baggage (Orange)
Perhaps one of the best features of the 4 Pack Open Alert Indicator TSA Approved 3 Digit Luggage Locks for Travel Suitcase & Baggage is that these 4 locks in one pack can be utilized in a number of different environments and for a number of different purposes! The locks can be easily utilized for gym bags, briefcases and even cabinets!
The 4 Pack Open Alert Indicator TSA Approved 3 Digit Luggage Locks for Travel Suitcase & Baggage is made out of high strength extremely durable zinc alloy body which is known for its robust construction! Coupled with the top of the line internal mechanisms and steel shackles, these are some of the most secure locks for your luggage found in the industry today! Based on its sturdy construction, the manufacturers have also given 100% life time warranty for the product!
Know if you have been inspected
When TSA agents inspect your luggage, it’s important to make sure that nothing is misplaced. However, with regular locks you can never know if any inspection has taken place or not! But with the 4 Pack Open Alert Indicator TSA Approved 3 Digit Luggage Locks for Travel Suitcase & Baggage you can now easily make sure with the help of the red indicator that pops up under the steel shackles in case the luggage has been tampered with. Once you have made sure all your things are in order, you can reset the indicator with a pointy object or pen.
Easy to put in combination code
The 4 Pack Open Alert Indicator TSA Approved 3 Digit Luggage Locks for Travel Suitcase & Baggage comes with a detailed instruction manual that helps you easily set up a three digit combination code! The dials on each of the locks in this packet are very easy to rotate and the users don’t have to worry about them fiddling in the hands or under the fingers. Moreover the numbers on each dial are very clear and vivid!
Pros and Cons
- According to the manufacturers, every piece in the packet of 4 is hand tested for durability before leaving the manufacturing facility!
- TSA approved which means you don’t have to worry about airport security breaking down your locks for inspection.
- Versatile design allows for multiple usages for different purposes including closing cabinets and even golf bags.
- Some users complained about the locks getting lost within luggage as the luggage arrived without the lock.
4. Tarriss TSA Lock – TSA Luggage Locks for Travel – 2 Pack – Lifetime Warranty
A flexible cable is all it takes to make this versatile and extremely durable set of locks one of the best in the industry! The flexible cable allows users to thread it in the tiniest of spaces without coming apart!
Easily visible markers on the combination
The 3 digit combination in the Tarriss TSA Lock – TSA Luggage Locks for Travel consists of easily visible markers that allows users to easily set a combination without having to fiddle with the lock too much! Moreover, each dial in on the lock is well spaced apart as well hence avoiding the issue of numbers getting distorted upon touch of a subsequent dial!
Extremely resilient make
Made from high strength zinc alloy, the Tarriss TSA Lock – TSA Luggage Locks for Travel have the capacity and strength to withstand the harshest of terrains without breaking apart! Users can now enjoy a lifetime warranty with a purchase of these locks because of its sturdy and lasting built! He zinc alloy is one of the most resilient metals and has the capacity to withstand extreme pressures!
Unlike the regular looking locks made for luggage these days, the Tarriss TSA Lock – TSA Luggage Locks for Travel consists of a flexible cable instead of steal shackles! The flexible cable can be easily threaded through a number of different bags without getting loose or coming apart. The steel shackles hamper this flexibility and make it impossible to fit and lock all kinds of zippers and loops!
Pros and Cons
- The flexible cable is as durable as the steel shackles!
- The Tarriss TSA Lock – TSA Luggage Locks for Travel are recognized by TSA agents which means you don’t have to worry about the locks getting cut for inspection!
- The 3 digit combination ensures that you don’t have to dig around your bag looking for a subsequent key to open the lock!
- Some users complained about the black lettering on the combination digits that make it hard to set in some situations.
5. TSA Lock Cable – 3 Dial Combination Padlock – Backpack Small Lock – TSA Luggage Locks
The perfect lightweight cable TSA approved 3 digit combination locks for the avid traveler! With the TSA Lock Cable you don’t have to worry about your luggage getting lost or stolen at any point during your travels!
3 dial reliable combination lock
Unlike the problems associated with taking care of dangling keys, the three dial reliable combination lock of the TSA Lock Cable only requires the user to remember a unique three digit combination. The lock is initially set with a 0-0-0 combination which can be altered and changed according to the user’s personal preference.
TSA approved luggage
The most important benefit associated with TSA approved locks is the TSA agent’s ability to open the lock with a master key without breaking or deforming the lock at any time! The key hole given below the TSA Lock Cable can only be accessed with a key that only TSA agents carry which allows them to open the bag easily to inspection and ultimately close it back without breaking down the lock completely!
The TSA Lock Cable comes with a strong but flexible cable that ensures the safety and security of your luggage. Unlike steel shackles, the flexible cable can thread into the smallest of places. The flexibility of the cable doesn’t hamper its resilience and works as effectively as any other TSA lock!
Pros and Cons
- The three digit combination lock has easy to handle dials that rotate easily and comfortably under the user’s touch.
- Once the combination is put in, the lock doesn’t unlock on its own but also requires a push button to be pressed!
- The locks are extremely lightweight and can be used for a number of different purposes such as cabinets and gym bags.
- Some users complained about the locks jamming occasionally!
6. UltraTuff TSA Approved Lock – RED OPEN ALERT Indicator for Luggage & GYM Lockers
The safety and security of your luggage remains intact with the UltraTuff TSA Approved Lock’s top of the line mechanisms such as the red light open alert system and the necessary relocking mechanism which ensures that TSA agents diligently relock the lock after inspecting the luggage!
The UltraTuff TSA Approved Lock is made from one of the most hardwearing materials known as zinc alloy! This high grade ultra-strength material has been tested to ensure its rigid built to withstand the harshest conditions! The manufacturers ensure that the locks are built to withstand the rigors of different traveling conditions without breaking down!
Open alert indication
Why worry about your luggage going missing when the open alert system on the locks helps individuals tag whether their luggage has been inspected or not? With the help of a red light that goes off under the steel shackles if the luggage has been inspected, users can now ensure the safety of all their belongings without having to worry about anything going missing!
The UltraTuff TSA Approved Lock comes with a necessary relocking mechanism that makes sure the TSA agent opening your luggage adequately relocks it as well! This mechanism doesn’t allow the agent to retrieve their key without first relocking the lock after opening it!
Pros and Cons
- The super strength zinc alloy built ensures that the locks don’t get broken down even by thieves!
- Three digit numbers dial helps open and close the lock!
- The locks come in a variety of functional colors and can be used on other bags as well such as gym and laptop bags!
- Some users complained about the steel shackles buckling up when opening and closing the steel shackles.
7. Brinks 161-20471 TSA Approved 22mm Luggage Lock Solid Brass, 4-Pack
Why settle for zinc alloy locks when you can enjoy the benefits of both copper and zinc alloy in these sturdy and versatile brass locks by Brinks! The key-locks protect users from the hassle of number dial mechanism which more than often break down as well!
The 20mm body of the Brinks 161-20471 is made of pure brass which makes it one of the most durable and sturdy materials found in among locks! The Brass material constitutes of the strength of both zinc and copper metals which makes these locks quite indestructible! The malleable properties of copper combined with the high strength properties of zinc ensure that the brass locks are not too heavy and bulky! Unlike Zinc alloy number locks, the brass locks are more durable and sturdy in nature!
The Brinks 161-20471 is a multipurpose lock and can be used in a number of different places and on bags! This robust and versatile key-lock has a wide opening via the steel shackles which allows for easy access and threading through a number of different narrow openings! Users can use these locks to lock cabinets, cycles and even laptop and gym bags!
Despite being a key-lock the Brinks 161-20471 is TSA approved which means that your lock will not be broken down to inspect your luggage! The Brinks company name is well recognized by the TSA which means even if your luggage gets inspected, it will be done without exerting negative force on the lock!
Pros and Cons
- These traditional locks are pure brass construction without the issues of number dial lock mechanisms.
- The Brinks 161-20471 are conventional and traditional locks that don’t close down with the key in the holder.
- The locks don’t get stuck on conveyor belts!
- The number locks protect users from the excessive hassles of taking care of loose hanging keys!
8. Forge TSA Locks 2 Pack – Open Alert Indicator, Alloy Body with Lifetime Warranty
With the Forge TSA Locks the safety and security of your luggage never gets compromised! The zinc alloy construction with the inspection alert indicator and necessary relocking mechanism, the user can now travel rigorously without worrying about their luggage getting misplaced anywhere!
Heavy duty construction
The Forge TSA Locks are the epitome of strength and resilience! They are known for being designed and constructed from scratch by keeping in mind the rough pounding they are sure to experience! The body of the locks is made from zinc alloy which is one of the most lasting as well as lightweight metal to be employed in the making of locks! The steel shackles have been tested prior to construction for their sturdiness and strength to hold zippers and other closing ties together even during rough times.
Inspection alert indicator
Most users have complaints regarding luggage going missing during many of their travels. However, with the inspection alert indicator given in the Forge TSA Locks, one can always make sure if their luggage has been tampered with or not. The mechanism ensures that a red light indicator goes off under the steel shackles in case the TSA agent has opened the luggage to inspect it. This allows users to then check their luggage before sending it in for loading.
Occasionally users also complain about the TSA agents not adequately relocking their bags after inspecting them. However, with the Forge TSA Locks, users don’t have to worry about their bags traveling vulnerably. The necessary relocking mechanism ensures that the TSA agent relocks the bags in order to remove their key from the locks! The necessary relocking system compels TSA agents to diligently relock the bag without having to let go of their specialized key!
Pros and Cons
- The Forge TSA Locks can be used for a number of different reasons that are not limited to traveling only.
- The Forge TSA Locks work through a three digit easy to remember combination that can be set and reset according to the user’s personal preferences.
- The Forge TSA Locks are TSA approved which means that there are fewer chances of the locks being broken off for inspection of the luggage.
- Some users complained about the locks jamming up which lead them to get the lock broken off by a locksmith!
9. Master Lock 646T Set-Your-Own Combination Luggage Lock, 11/16-inch, 2-Pack
The Master Lock 646T Set-Your-Own Combination Luggage Lock is made from high strength die cast material which is one of the most long lasting metals used in locks these days! The strong steel shackles and the easy to set combination lock add extra support and security to the user’s personal luggage!
Solid metal body
The solid metal body of the Master Lock 646T Set-Your-Own Combination Luggage Lock is made from solid die-cast stronger than plastic casings and lighter than most other metal bodies! This means the users can enjoy these locks for a long time to come without worrying about them being extremely bulky to handle! While die cast is easy to mold under high temperatures. It is difficult to break it down under extreme pressure!
Set and rest combination lock
The three digit combination lock of the Master Lock 646T Set-Your-Own Combination Luggage Lock allows users to easily set their own preferred lock combination easily! The dials of the combination lock are adequately spaced apart which means you won’t waste your time fiddling with the dials in order to set the right ones in order! Moreover, the combination can be set and reset multiple times at the user’s discretion!
Strong steel shackles
The steels shackles of the Master Lock 646T Set-Your-Own Combination Luggage Lock are 3 millimeter in width and 17 millimeter in length which makes them the perfect dimension for easily threading within zippers and other zipper pulls. Moreover, the 3 millimeter wide shackles make it quite difficult to cut into them! Even thieves and TSA agents will have to think again before cutting the steel shackles to gain access within the luggage.
Pros and Cons
- Steels shackles are cut resistant!
- The solid metal body doesn’t break down even under extreme conditions
- The Master Lock 646T Set-Your-Own Combination Luggage Lock are TSA approved which means there is little chance of them getting cut!
- Compared to Zinc alloy construction the die cast solid metal construction is comparably heavier.
10. Lewis N. Clark TSA-Approved Triple Security Lockdown Lock with Two Steel Cables
The sturdy cast zinc construction with ABS plastic housing gives the Lewis N. Clark TSA-Approved Triple Security Lockdown Lock a unique and authentic look! Coupled with the double flexible steel cables, the lock is able to provide extra support and security to the user’s personal belongings!
Durable cast zinc construction
The combination of cast zinc construction and ABS plastic housing ensures that the Lewis N. Clark TSA-Approved Triple Security Lockdown Lock is indestructible! The cast zinc construction is the metal part of the lock and hence ensures that the lock is not broken into! Moreover, the ABS plastic housing gives the locks a complete finished look and also helps reduce the overall weight of the locks!
Double flexible cables
Unlike other digit combination locks, the Lewis N. Clark TSA-Approved Triple Security Lockdown Lock comes with double flexible cables that not only easily thread through a number of different zippers and zipper ties but also ensures double safety! The steel cables ensure that the bag is not broken into by getting the longer cable attached to the handle and the shorter one to the zipper pulls!
Easy combination lock
The Lewis N. Clark TSA-Approved Triple Security Lockdown Lock consists of a three digit easy to set combination lock that prevents users from expending too much time and energy in taking care of loose hanging keys! The easy combination lock can be set and rest according to the user’s personal preference and is easy to rotate around as well!
Pros and Cons
- One of the cables is longer than the other which allows for easy threading through the bag’s handle and zipper pulls.
- The zinc construction with the ABS plastic housing gives the locks a very contemporary look!
- The double flexible cables make it difficult and time consuming for thieves to cut into the luggage!
- Some users complained about getting served a notice from TSA stating that the locks are not TSA approved.
Last update on 2020-05-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API