- Mesh in lower back fits high back seats
- Shoulder adjustments with neoprene comfort pads
- SOLAS grade reflective material for visibility
- Expandable zippered pockets with mesh drainage
- Heavy duty nylon fabric; soft, lightweight flotation foam
- USCG Approved Personal Flotation Device; Perfect For Wake Sports, Waterskiing, Tubing, And Swimming
- Minimal Bulk Design Allows Full Mobility
- Durable Coated Polyester Shell Creates A Strong Exterior
- Lightweight Polyethylene Foam Is Soft and Comfortable
- Our Most Relaxed Fitting Vest, For A Wide Variety Of Body Types
- Durable nylon construction with PE foam
- Perfect for boating and water sports
- 30" - 52" chest size
- Sport type: Outdoor Lifestyle
According to statistics, some of the major causes of death for children & even adults during the summer season are drowning, sunburn & dehydration. Let’s address one of the causes; drowning. When we talk about drowning, one of the reasons why people drown is because they are not fully equipped with the proper gears or a life vest when swimming or doing some water activities. Speaking of gears, one of the best and lifesaving gears when swimming would be a good life vest that can vary depending on features, size, and more.
9. O’Neill Wetsuits Superlite USCG – Life Vest for Men
Those who are preparing for a summer outdoor outing and would like to enjoy the waters, this brand is one of the best that you can get in the market. It is rated 4 stars in Amazon and got great reviews too! Here are some of the best features of the Stohlquist Life Jacket:
- It is coast guard approved
- It has quick release safety buckles
- Has a great head and neck support
- Minimal design
- Inner and outer layer uses high quality materials to prevent damage when used.
8. Stearns Classic Series – Life Vest for Adults
Since I mentioned that life vests come in various types, I am going to introduce a good vest that you can use during snorkeling. However, you can also use this vest in other water activity.
- It is very lightweight and has a small footprint.
- Large buoyancy
- Comes I a wide variety of neon colors for easier visibility
- Fast and easy inflation and deflation
- Comes with a mouthpiece that is perfectly placed for easier reach.
- Easy to wear and remove
- The size is perfect for almost any adult built size
- Comes with vertical and horizontal straps for a more secured wear
7. ONYX MoveVent Dynamic – Paddle Sports Life Vest
If you want something to use in a more extreme water activity, this particular brand for life vest is a good choice. It has the best features that will keep you safe and afloat even on extreme water conditions without the risk of tearing or damage.
- It is lightweight and will keep you comfortable even if you want to wear it all day.
- Materials used are made from high quality fabrics to prevent damages while in the water activity.
- It automatically inflates when submerged in water. However, you can also pull the T-cord should you wish to inflate it before submerging in water.
- It comes with a unique design that will keep your body ventilated which is vital during the hot weather.
6. O’Brien Impulse Neo – Life Vest for Women
If you are looking for a life vest that easily inflates in as little as ten seconds & deflates instantly too should you wish to go deeper into the water, this Rrtizan life vest can be your best choice. You will definitely like this brand even more once you check out the features below:
- Easy inflation and deflation
- Good buoyancy that is more than enough for you to explore the waters while snorkeling
- It is made of lightweight materials that will help you to easily pack it or even wear it all day when you decide to go outside the water
- This life vest is very versatile and comes with a large adjustable allowance for the wearer since it can fit someone between 80lbs to 220 lbs.
- Comes in a wide variety of colors to choose from.
5. Stearns Classic Series – Life Vest for Child
If you are looking for a good type of life vest for your child, this is the best option that you can get. It is easy to wear, easy to use and great for children not more than 50 lbs to use during water activities.
Below are the features:
- Comes with one safety buckle for easy wear and removal
- Low profile
- Comes with PE floating foams to keep children safe in waters
- Best for children below 50 lbs
4. Hardcore Water Sports – Life Jacket Vest for Entire Family
If you are looking for a life vest with a great design, high buoyancy and extreme comfort, the Hardcore water sports youth life jacket for the entire family is the best you can get.
- CE & SOLAS approved
- Lightweight for comfort
- Slim and Slender design that keeps your body well ventilated that is great during the hot weather.
- Quickly dries for easy storage after use
- Gives an ample allowance for adjustment to fit almost any built size under 330lbs.
3. ABSOLUTE OUTDOOR Onyx Automatic/Manual – Inflatable Life Jacket
The Absolute outdoor Onyx is considered a premium life jacket because of its TPU Membrane material that can withstand tear and other damages during water activities. It also comes with adjustable straps to ensure a great fit and can easily inflate in just 15 seconds. Buoyancy is also one of the best features it has, because you can easily adjust it depending on your need. Below are the features:
- High quality materials used such as Nylon and TPU membrane to prevent tearing
- Ample allowance for straps for easy adjustments
- Improved vent tube cap to prevent air leakage
- Fast inflation and deflation
- Comes with a whistle for added security
- Great neck design for comfort during swimming & snorkeling
- Comes with a carry bag for easy packing and storing after use.
2. Rrtizan – Adult Inflatable Swim Vest Life Jacket
Whether you are a beginner or an experienced person doing several water activities, the Auto-Vox adult life vest is one of the best that you can get if you are looking for versatility, comfort, ease of use and excellent water buoyancy. Below are the features:
- It is a great life vest for almost any type of water activity may it be for snorkeling, boating, surfing, kayaking and more
- It is lightweight which makes it easy to bring and store
- Made of high quality and durable materials
- Ample allowance for adjustment to fit almost any type of body built
- Easy inflation and deflation
- Designed with a horse collar for easy and comfortable swimming
1. Full Throttle Hinged Rapid-Dry – Flex-Back Life Suit for Women
If you are looking for a life vest that will ensure your safety when in the water, then the Full Throttle Women’s Life Vest is the best choice. It has a lot of features like easy inflation in just a few seconds, high grade materials, excellent buoyancy and so much more! Below are the features:
- Automatic inflation that inflates the vest in just a few seconds
- It comes with floating foams
- Nice purple design
- Comes with two safety buckles and a zippered closure for a more secured fit
What Is A Life Vest and What Is The Importance Of It?
A life vest is a floating device that people normally wear around the upper body to ensure safety while in the water during swimming, boating or any other water activity. In short, wearing a life vest will save you from drowning when strong winds push you towards the water or when a water accident happens. This device will keep you afloat and prevent further damages which can happen even to the best and experienced swimmers.
Now that you know that a good life vest is a must when you want to be safe in water, the next question you might have in mind now is how will you know what would be the best life vest for you? Don’t worry! We’ll help you. Below this, we will enumerate the top 9 life vests according to consumers in 2018. This article should help you and guide you in making an educated decision on what to buy for a life vest.
Why is it important to get the right life vest?
Choosing the right life vest is vital if you want to maximize your overall experience when engaging in your favorite water activity. But more than that, the main goal of a life vest is to keep you afloat and safe while in the water. Choosing a life vest can be tedious especially if you don’t know what to consider. That is why I have decided to create this article that will guide you thoroughly in making sure you get the best life vest that will suit your needs and wants.
Basic Pointers When Choosing a Life Vest
Before I go ahead and enumerate some of the best life vest in the market today, I thought of giving you some basic pointers when choosing one. Of course, life vests come in a wide variety of features to cater to the different needs of the one who will use it. Therefore, it is vital for you to know the exact features that will suit you & your needs, in order to get the right one for you.
- Determine Water Activities: Take note that gone are the days when a life vest would be a one type fits all. In fact, there are customized life vests depending on the type of water activity that you will be doing. For example, if you are going on a water activity where the water is rough and cold, you can choose a life vest that can keep you warm with added padding and prevent hypothermia.
- Right Size: Just like with any other things that you wear around your body, a life vest comes in different sizes as well. Ideally, you would like to wear the vest and fasten the belts. If it fits nicely around your chest with enough allowance to breathe, then that is a good fit. If the jacket is loose and goes over your chin, then that means it is too big for you.
- Color: While color is not a usual thing to consider when choosing a good life vest, some people would still like to get the color of their choice to ensure they can easily see the one who is wearing even from afar. Usually, parents buying a life vest for their children would consider this especially when swimming in a public area to easily identify their children. Another note on this is – normally, you would like to get a life vest with a strong reflector to easily find the wearer when in the water. Colors that camouflages in the colors of the sea is not the best choice.
- Style: Life vests comes in different designs and styles. Such feature differs depending on the type of water activity is to be done. For example, there are life vests best used for extreme water activities because they are lightweight for comfort and made of high grade materials to ensure damage won’t happen along the way.
- QC Passed: Of course, in order to ensure safety all the time, only get the one that is coast guard approved. This means the brand or manufacturer of the life vest has passed the strict quality control that ensures the high reliability.
These are just some of the basic tips that you might want to consider when choosing a life vest for yourself or for a loved one. Now, to help you further in choosing, I would like to enumerate some of the best life vests in the market based on consumer choice.
So, these are the different life suits that are rated best by the different consumers online. It is very important for you to choose the right life vest to ensure safety while in the water because this will also improve your overall experience when engaging in your favorite water activity.
Last update on 2020-07-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API