- ComfortCut Blades Get a clean shave that's comfortable on your skin. Rounded blade caps shield 27 self-sharpening blades to gently cut hair just above skin level and help the shaver glide smoothly over your skin
- Experience a convenient clean shave with heads that flex and float in 4 directions. The head adjusts to the curves of your face, ensuring smooth contact with your skin without a lot of pressure. 4D Flex Heads follow your face's contours for a clean shave
- Pop-up trimmer for mustache and sideburns Finish your look with the built-in trimmer. It’s ideal for maintaining your mustache and trimming your sideburns
- One-touch open for easy cleaning Experience a convenient clean shave with heads that flex and float in 4 directions. The head adjusts to the curves of your face, ensuring smooth contact with your skin without a lot of pressure
- 40 minutes of cordless shaving from an 8-hour charge Up to 40 minutes of cordless runtime - that's about 13 shaves - after an 8-hour charge. Or plug it in for instant, continuous power
- Designed with your skin in mind, Philips Norelco Shaver 4500 lets you shave any way you want for a comfortable dry shave or refreshing wet shave with or without shaving cream or gel
- Protect your skin with our unique Dual Precision shaving system to deliver a smooth shave that's gentle on your skin; The Philips Norelco Shaver 4500 effectively shaves both longer and shorter hair stubble
- The pivot, flex & float heads follow every contour of your face to remain in close contact with skin for a fast shave that's also gentle on your skin
- Ease of trimming with Pop Up trimmer to help complete your facial hair grooming routine; Ideal for trimming sideburns, goatees, mustaches and more
- The rechargeable Lithium ion battery delivers the power of a corded shaver without the hassle of a cord with 50 minutes of shaving time
- The Philips Norelco OneBlade is a revolutionary electric grooming tool with technology designed for men who wear stubble, beards, or facial hair styles; OneBlade trims, edges, and shaves any length of hair
- Replaceable OneBlade lasts up to 4 month (For best shaving experience; Based on 2 full shaves per week; Actual results may vary)
- Rechargeable OneBlade can trim, edge, and shave any length of hair
- The dual sided blade for precise edging to line up your style easier than ever before
- Rechargeable OneBlade can trim, edge, and shave any length of hair
Shaving is part of the modern man’s grooming routine and this is why he will always look for convenience, versatility, and safety when looking for the best electric razor on the market to buy. However, it can get confusing because there are many brands that manufacturer the top-rated razors in a bid to outshine each other when it comes to offering the perfect shaving experience.
The adverts are all too appealing and in full competition complete with even more confusing descriptions. As a man, you can’t try them all because you can’t buy them all in order to know which manufacturer is telling the truth and which one is spewing baloney in their ad campaigns.
This is why reviews exist and the following one is going to tell you about the top 9 best electric razors on the market currently and allow you to make a more informed decision when making your purchase. Many of them come with all sorts of bells and whistles to impress their buyers but we have made sure that you don’t get distracted by them and instead read the honest and detailed reviews of top 9 best electric razors further outlined below.
9. Braun Pocket Mobile Electric Shaver
This is the razor to have when you are on the go. Endless travel, meetings and a busy working life shouldn’t mean that you go around looking unkempt and blame it on the lack of time. This braun pocket mobile electric razor will solve your grooming problems on the go.
Just like with the other Braun electric razors, this one performs great and the quality hasn’t been sacrificed either. With a wide floating foil, you get to achieve great coverage in little time and with fewer strokes.
If you are guy who brushes your teeth while driving, and groom yourself while sitting in your car parked at your office building before that crucial meeting, then this electric razor should be your companion. Still, check out a few pros and cons to help you understand this product better.
- Very easy to clean by rinsing with running water.
- You can protect the foils by twisting the cap when you are not using it.
- Offers a comfortable shave.
- The lack of the replacement parts.
8. Remington F5-5800 Foil Shaver – Budget Electric Razor
This popular brand has this F5-5800 razor that comes with 2 foils and 1 trimmer in its head. The head of this razor has the mechanism to pivot downward, downward and move around the facial contours in order to offer that easy and comfortable shaving experience.
With its price falling under $50, this razor is very budget-friendly. It is also easy to clean because all you need to do is remove the head part and simply rinse it under water. The great shaving experience is unquestionable, it is simply irritation free at a level that not even some high-end electric razors can match.
When you don’t have the money to buy one of those high-end razors you don’t have to walk around with that unkempt beard because this razor under $50 can do the job.
- Very affordable.
- A very convenient pivoting head for comfortable shaving.
- Smooth and comfortable.
- The plastic is cheap.
- Doesn’t offer a close shave.
- Very Noisy.
- Not very durable, you will need to replace some parts every 4-6 months of use.
7. Philips Norelco AT830 Electric Razor
This is a very popular electric razor which is also budget friendly with a price of under $50. The Philips Norelo AT830 was first introduced in the market in 2012 and since then it has grown in popularity as the most budget-friendly and reliable electric razor.
This electric razor offers a comfortable shave thanks to its very useful features. It also has a few cons which should also be taken into account.
- DualPrecision technology to comfortably shave both long and short hairs.
- Wet and dry technology.
- A very quiet motor.
- A comfortable shave and very skin-friendly.
- Budget-friendly and easy to clean.
- The head only pivots very little.
- The trimmer doesn’t do a perfect job.
6. Wahl Smart Shave Electric
This is one razor with a smart design as the name suggests. Great precision trimming and shaving and offers the wet & dry technology to prevent irritation or burns after shaving. It has a battery life of 90minutes which is more than enough for you to shave because you won’t have to research it every time you want to use it.
The best thing about this razor is the SmartShave system that it gets its name from. The mechanism in it enables you to shave smart and fast in a way that you don’t need to go over areas you have shaved for a third or fourth time.
If you tend to rush off in the morning and would love your preparations to go faster, then you need not to worry about shaving. You can shave within the shortest time and spend more time on preparing for other morning things. There is no doubt that this is a razor with lots of promise.
- Blades that are easy to rinse.
- One hour required for charging is equal to 90 minutes of shaving time.
- Charges quickly.
- Has an advanced dual foil and a long hair cutter.
- Shaver head gets loose after some time.
- With continued use, the blades get dull.
- The trimmers can be easily mistaken for cheap additions.
5. Philips Norelco SensoTouch 3D Electric Razor
Just like with its previous brands, Philips has done it again with this electric razor. This is a great razor for shaving both the beard and the head. It is also a comfortable shave that smoothly moves around the facial contours to offer that much-needed efficient close shave.
It features 3 round foils in the head part which also has a pivoting ability. The foils have the ability to tilt, spin, move downward and upward which is very convenient when it comes to shaving your head. For the guys who love to keep it clean shaven, they will absolutely love this electric razor.
It remains the advanced and great rotary shaver and spots all the features of a modern shaver. Here are the pros and cons to consider.
- Has three independent foils.
- The head of the shaver can rotate into 3 dimensions which makes it perfect for head-shaving.
- Extremely comfortable.
- Wet &Dry technology.
- Made of all plastic and rubber.
- Costly replacement parts.
- Charges only through the dock and not with a cord.
4 . Panasonic ES-LA63-S Arc4 Electric Razor
This is one shaver that offers an extremely close shave and comes with the features to make your shaving efficient. With a 4 blade system and a pivoting ability of 30degrees in all directions complete with a 14,000CPM motor, this is one very powerful electric razor to posses.
A 40-minute battery life on a single charge, it works close to its Arc 5 counterpart below considering it has most of the features found in the Arc 5 model. The pros and cons of this device are further listed below.
- The price is quite affordable.
- A four-blade system and pivoting ability n all directions.
- Offers a close shave.
- LED panel to inform you about the battery and motor speed.
- Not quite comfortable.
- Lacks a cleaning and charging dock.
3. Panasonic Arc 5 Electric Razor
This razor is known for its close shaving ability and it is actually the best close shaver in the market. If you are one of those users who are disappointed with every electric razor you buy because they lack that perfect close shaving ability, then you haven’t tried the Panasonic Arc 5 yet.
This Japanese brand has been known for its high-quality standards and this is why it brought this electric razor in the market to cater for individuals with thick and heavy beards. It has an array of impressive features that contribute to that amazing shaving experience. With a 14,000CPM linear motor, there will be no tugging and pulling episodes as common with most low-budget shaving devices.
It also has five different types of foils and a very efficient side trimmer not to mention the LED panel which gives you information on your battery life. More about the pros and cons of this razor are as follows:-
- Perfect for close shaving.
- Comes with a pivoting head and 5 trimmers in the head.
- Very efficient with thick and heavy beards.
- Wet & Dry Technology.
- Not great for sensitive skins.
- Does offer that perfect comfortability.
- The price too inflated.
2. Braun Series 3 Proskin Electric Razor
When you think precision think of this electric razor because it doesn’t in any way underperform when compared to what the manufacturer claims. With this shaver, there are no skin irritations because you will never run it repeatedly at a single area in order to achieve a close shave.
The thoughtful design common with most Braun electric razors is also present in this one. This razor is also ideal for travel because of its recharging ability and quality performance on the go resulting to a clean and fresh skin every time you use it.
- It is waterproof making it convenient in the shower.
- Has 45 minutes worth of shaving after charging.
- Contains SensoFoil that leaves a comfortable feel to the skin after shaving.
- First time users might find it a little daunting.
- Difficult to reach the areas around the throat.
- Very Noisy during use.
1. Braun Series 7 790CC Electric Razor
As you have probably noticed the Braun series rule the top two because truth be told they are great shavers and the best this brand has ever produced. This model was first introduced in the market in 2010 and since then, it has been very popular.
With an impressive close and smooth shave compared to most shavers on this list, this razor also has three trimmers, two of them known as “OptiFoil” and the third one named “ActiveLift”.
The two OptiFoil trimmers are very useful in helping this device shave off more facial hairs in fewer strokes while the ActiveLift trimmer efficiently shaves off the short and ingrown hairs. With the 10,000 micro-vibrations per minute, you will no doubt capture a lot of hair in a single stroke.
This Braun model also comes attached with an alcohol-based cleaning and charging dock which is very helpful in killing 99% of germs just by the press of a button. With a pop-up trimmer and three personalization modes enabled in this model named Normal, Intensive and Extra Sensitive you can have the experience that you want depending on your skin type and hairs. With such great features, this Braun 9 series model rightfully deserves to be number one.
- Very affordable.
- Has personalization modes.
- Solid Built Quality.
- An automatic cleaning and charging dock.
- A close shave experience.
- Lacks the Wet & Dry technology.
Electric Razor Buyers Guide
When choosing electric razors there are two main categories and they are the foil shavers and the rotary shavers. As much as rotary shavers are more comfortable than foil shavers, most users prefer foil shavers because of their smoothness, close shave, and great designs not to mention advanced technology and other great features.
Major Features In Foil Shavers
Most features are in foil shavers that you need to look out for in an ideal electric razor are as follows:
- Corded and Cordless Shaving: There are some electric shavers like Braun 7 series that can be used when plugged into a power source but most of them don’t. Consider the cordless one because it is safer like the Braun series 9 and most of them tend to be really efficient with an amazing close shaving experience.
- LED Indicator: It is important to be updated with the battery level of your electric razor. Some of them also indicate the motor speed which allows you to set it to your preferred levels.
- Ease Of Cleaning: Look for a design that is easy to use and clean. There are others that will come with a cleaning dock and all you need to do is put the shaver in the dock and it will be cleaned and sanitized after the press of a button. However, some models don’t come with the cleaning dock so you will have to clean them manually; just make sure the one you buy is easy to clean.
- A Pop-up Trimmer: Most models will have an integrated trimmer, that could be popped up. The advantage with a trimmer present is that they are efficient when it comes to trimming sideburn, mustaches, and grooming.
- Wet and Dry Technology: When you see an electric razor with this technology, understand that it can be to shave during the shower or on dry skin. For users with sensitive skin, it is advisable to use a shaving gel foam with such a razor.
There are more things you can look for in a shaver like the number of blades, foil or rotary, precision heads, flex motions, the outward design and so on. Fortunately, with the above list, you can see through all the competing ad declarations and confusing descriptions from manufacturers without having to buy them all.
The best electric razor is what every man needs, it is actually one of the most prized items when it comes to a man’s hygiene. Just think about the effort and time women spend researching, reading, consulting on the beautiful things that might seem trivial to the rest of the world people who are not women. If they do that why should you settle for less when it comes to your electric razor?
Last update on 2020-07-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API