- Easy to start engine – YARDMAX 6.5 HP 196cc recoil start.
- Multiple speeds offered by self-propelled drive – 5 forward and 2 reverse.
- Easily slice through hard-packed snow and ice with the serrated steel augers.
- Axe-shaped housing further chops through ice and snow.
- Aluminum gear case with alloy steel gears and synthetic gear oil extends performance.
- VERSATILE: Ideal for quick snow pickups on mid-sized driveways and walkways
- POWERFUL: 15-amp motor moves up to 800 lbs. of snow per minute
- MAINTENANCE-FREE: No gas, oil or tune-ups make it effortless to start and maintain. Chute Rotation Turning Radius (Deg) - 180
- LED LIGHT: 3 W LED light for safe nighttime clearing.Tires: 8 inch (2.5 inch width)
- WE’VE GOT YOU COVERED!: Your new snow blower is backed by the Snow Joe + Sun Joe Customer Promise. We will warrant new powered products for two years from the date of purchase. NO QUESTIONS ASKED. Contact Snow Joe + Sun Joe customer support at 1-866-766-9563 for further assistance.
- Snow shredder technology shreds hard and frozen snow
- 22-inch wide clearing path with a 12.5-inch intake height
- 900 snow series 205cc engine for 9-foot-pounds of torque
- 3-year limited equipment and engine warranty
An electric and gas-powered snow blower is a machine you use to remove snow where you don’t want it, such as a road, street, driveway, or pathway to your home.
The snow blower uses an auger with a power cable or battery to throw snow out of the way. It differs from a snow plow in the respect that it lifts it out of the way, rather than pushes it. Some electric snow blowers can move a few inches of light snow, whereas others are capable of working with snow and ice.
An electric snow blower can either be single-stage or two-stage. A single-stage snow blower has an auger which moves snow into the machine and out through the chute. The auger makes contact with the ground under it so it’s not suitable for grass or soft surfaces.
A two-stage electric snow blower pulls snow into the machine, moves it into an impeller, then out through the discharge chute. This model is better suited for dense snow as the augers don’t touch the ground.
Believe it or not, it’s not that easy to find an electric snow blower that’s perfect for your needs. They vary dramatically on the market so are, therefore, not suitable for everyone. Take your time to view these nine top-rated electric snow blowers for sale below. You can then weigh up the pros and cons and decide whether any of them are right for you.
1. Snow Joe 21-inch Snow Blower
If the time has come to upgrade the most crucial tools in your garage, then let an electric snow blower be one of them. Not only is it an attractive piece of equipment, but it’s one that can help you out in many jams over the winter months.
It has a 2,800-watt brushless motor, a Lithium-Ion battery, and a whole host of helpful features. Once you choose this electric snow blower, you’re unlikely to go back to one with oil, petrol, and mess.
The auger-assisted drive function will propel you through the snow like a knife through hot butter. Once it blows snow out of the way, it then spits it out the 180-degree chute. You can also operate this electric snow blower during the day or at night thanks to the LED light. Finally, move this blower at a pace that suits you thanks to the variable speed control.
This sleek, stylish, and competitively priced electric snow blower is an excellent option for many, but you do have to remember to purchase a battery and charger for it separately.
- 2800 watts
- Brushless motor
- Auger-assisted drive
- Dual 5-watt headlights
- 180-degree chute rotation
- LED light
- Lithium-Ion battery-compatible
- Variable speed control
- It doesn’t require any petrol or oil
- Clean to run
- There isn’t a lot of noise vibration
- It propels through snow with minimal effort
- Bright headlight for use at night
- Easy to control and use
- It doesn’t come with a battery or charger
- It doesn’t last long until you have to recharge it
2. Snow Joe Cordless Snow Blower
If you’re tired of winter taking over your home, then it might be time to buy this electric snow blower from Snow Joe. Many owners of small, residential properties don’t bother with snow blowers because they can be noisy, messy, and dirty. When you only have a little bit of snow to clear, it also doesn’t seem worth it.
However, this snow blower ensures that even the little guy can clear his own snow. It’s a compact, lightweight, and affordable electric snow blower that’s perfect for small properties with a little bit of snow to clear.
It uses EcoSharp technology and runs on a Lithium-Ion battery which you must purchase separately with a charger. Once you do, you can then enjoy quiet run times of around half an hour. You can take care of the driveway or pathway to your property in no time.
This electric snow blower also has an eight-inch clearing depth, 15-inch clearing width, and doesn’t fade once the battery starts to go flat. It will also require minimal, if any maintenance once the job is done. Don’t go through another winter without at least considering this electric snow blower from Snow Joe.
- EcoSharp technology
- 15-inch clearing width
- 8-inch clearing depth
- 20-foot throw distance
- 30-minute run time
- Battery and charger sold separately
- 40-volt Lithium-Ion battery setup
- It can throw snow quite a distance
- Clean to run
- Doesn’t make a lot of sound
- Ideal for most small residential properties
- It doesn’t fade the power out
- Generous width clearance
- You don’t get a battery or charger with it
- It doesn’t handle heavy snow
3. EGO Cordless Electric Snow Blower
When winter rolls around again, it’s best to be prepared with an electric snow blower from EGO. This model is one that will suit many a homeowner who doesn’t want to outsource the task of snow clearing to an expensive contractor.
It has a 35-foot snow throwing distance, a generous five-year warranty, and a 21-inch clearing path which is more than suitable for the average path or driveway. What’s more, it doesn’t rely on petrol power. Once you buy the 56-volt Lithium batteries separately, you can make use of the brushless motor which is quiet and requires minimal maintenance.
This electric snow blower also offers a range of convenient features. From the handle-mounted chute adjustment lever to the LED lights for night-time snow blowing; what more could you need? It’s also affordable, effortless to store with the handle folded flat, and not a challenge to clear if it clogs up with snow. Take the time to view EGO’s offerings before you make your final decision.
- 35-foot snow throwing distance
- 56-volt Lithium battery-compatible
- Brushless motor
- 21-inch clearing width
- Handle-mounted chute adjustment lever
- 180-degree chute
- Two LED lights
- Five-year warranty
- The handle folds flat
- Stylish design
- Quiet to operate
- Lightweight to operate
- It comes with a generous warranty
- Easy to use around the house
- Convenient chute lever
- You don’t get a battery or charger
- It can clog with non-powdery snow
4. Toro Power Curve Snow Blower
If you only intend to clear a little bit of snow around your home, then this residential electric snow blower may be right for you. From the competitive price tag to the many helpful features; this snow blower has it all.
It runs on a 15-amp motor, boasts a 700-pound-per-minute blowing rate, and will take care of snow up to 12 inches deep. What’s more, it’ll have your driveway clear in no time with an 18-inch clearing width. It won’t be long until your property is clear and you’re back inside nice and warm.
This electric snow blower also boasts a quick level, zip deflector, ergonomic lift handle, and 160-degree adjustable chute. It’s comfortable to operate, lightweight, and doesn’t cost the earth to own or operate.
Don’t rely on a contractor to do a job you can now comfortably perform yourself. Try out this electric snow blower from Toro and see if it’s right for you.
- 700-pound-per-minute blowing rate
- 15 amps
- 18-inch clearance width
- 12-inch intake height
- Power Curve technology
- 160-degree adjustable chute
- Ergonomic lift handle
- Quick level
- Zip deflector
- Easy to assemble
- Lightweight to use
- Comfortable to operate
- Affordable to buy
- Suitable for small homes
- Stylish design
- It doesn’t take long to clear a path
- It moves a lot of snow
- Rated number one brand for snow throwing
- Not suitable for a lot of snow
5. Honda Single-Stage Snow Blower
Reliability is a significant factor in the purchasing of an electric snow blower. Given that a snow blower is a massive investment, you want to know you can rely on it to get the job done. Fortunately with this Honda snow blower, you can. It might not be electric, but it gets the job done.
Even though it’s a little more expensive than other snow blowers for sale, it can be worth it. It’s powerful, easy to maintain, and is unlikely to let you down in a hurry. This snow blower also has a lot of power. It runs on a Honda four-cycle, 190cc OHC engine which is capable of handling a lot of snow.
It can clear a 20-inch path quick-smart before throwing it around 33 feet away. You’ll be admiring your snow-free driveway in no time. This single-stage snow blower also has a semi-self propelled auger drive. The benefit of this is that it helps pull you through the snow instead of having to do all the hard work yourself.
It’s lightweight, comes from a reputable brand, and doesn’t require a lot of maintenance. Electric is the future, but power is something almost guaranteed from Honda.
- Honda OHC engine
- four-cycle, 190cc engine
- 20-inch clearing capacity
- 33-foot throwing distance
- Semi-self propelled auger drive
- Reliable to operate
- Doesn’t take a lot to start and use
- Reputable brand
- It clears a lot of snow at once
- It throws snow a long distance
- It helps propel itself through the snow
- High price tag
6. Greenworks Cordless Snow Thrower
If you have a small section with not a lot of snow, then this electric snow blower from Greenworks can be all you require. From the affordable price tag to the inclusion of the 2.0 Ah battery for convenience; what more could you need? This electric snow blower will not suit homeowners with a lot of snow with which to contend, but it’s ideal for those with a little bit.
It can run for up to 45 minutes, has an 80-volt Li-Ion system, and folds down when you’re not using it. When you’re clearing snow, it will also take care of it up to ten inches deep and 20 inches wide. The motor is brushless to last a long time, and this entire unit requires minimal effort to maintain or use.
It’s also lightweight, affordable, and comes with a battery when many others don’t. However, it’s not going to suit everyone. It can clog up quickly, shut down when it can’t handle the snow, and the battery doesn’t always last very long when you work it hard. It also doesn’t throw snow as far as other models. This electric snow blower is a wonderful option for many people, but not for all.
- 80-volt Li-Ion system
- 45-minute run time
- 2.0 Ah battery
- Brushless motor
- 20-inch clearing path
- 10-inch clearing depth
- 180-degree rotating chute
- Easy-fold system
- Easy to use and maintain
- It can clear a decent area quickly
- You can fold it down when you’re not using it
- Ideal for small properties
- It comes with the battery
- It turns off in deep snow
- It clogs easily
- The battery doesn’t last long
- It doesn’t throw snow as far as other models for sale
7. Husqvarna Two-Stage Electric Snow Blower
If reliability and robustness is what the doctor ordered, then check out this electric snow blower from Husqvarna. Even though it’s a little bit more expensive than other snow blowers for sale, it can be worth every penny.
It comes with a 208cc motor, a remote chute deflector and rotator, and an easy electric start. When you use this electric snow blower, you will also be quick to notice the 15-inch tires, adjustable skid shoes for any terrain, and adjustable handle height for your comfort. There are very few things you won’t like about this snow blower.
It’s also well made with a friction-disc transmission and has an LED headlight so you can use it at night. One of the best features, however, is the heated handle grips. It might be cold outside, but your hands will be toasty and warm. The next time you’re in the market for a new electric snow blower, don’t look past this model from Husqvarna.
- 208cc motor
- Remote chute deflector and rotator
- 15-inch tires
- Electric start
- 198.6 pounds
- Adjustable skid shoes
- Adjustable handle height
- Friction-disc transmission
- LED headlight
- Heated handle grips
- Exceptionally powerful
- Easy to start every time
- It has a light for use at night
- Your hands remain warm with heated grips
- Robust and well made
- Expensive to buy
8. Briggs & Stratton Dual Stage Snow Blower
Even though this machine is not an electric snow blower, it’s still one that’s worthy of your inspection. It’s easy to use, powerful, and will make light work of almost any snow blowing task around your property.
Briggs & Stratton is a reliable brand upon which you can trust, and this snow blower is a testament to that. It has a push button electric start for the 250cc engine and has a whole host of convenient features. Unlike an electric snow blower, you do have to use fuel and oil, but it’s a small price to pay.
It comes with dual trigger steering, free hand control, and a dash-mounted chute rotation function and speed adjustment. It’s also entirely steel to last the distance and comes with a notched steel auger.
Being outside in the cold is not pleasant, but this snow blower comes with heated hand grips to ensure it’s not as uncomfortable as it could be. You can also turn these on and off as and when you require them.
While this is not an electric snow blower, it has many of the features you require to get the job done over those cold, wintry, and inconvenient months.
- 1150 Snow Series
- Push button electric start
- Dual trigger steering
- Free hand control
- Dash-mounted chute rotation
- Dash speed adjustment
- 250cc engine
- Steel construction
- Notched steel auger
- Heated hand grips
- It has heated grips to keep your hands warm
- It works in extremely cold temperatures
- It starts with ease
- You can use it with one hand
- Well made
- Robust materials
- It makes light turns
- It can work with snow and ice
- It’s not electric
- Expensive to buy
9. PowerSmart Electric Snow Thrower
If you’re tired of handing over all your hard-earned money to a snow blowing contractor, then it might be time to invest in an electric snow blower for yourself. You can then take care of the work yourself and spend far less over the years than you would when you outsource the job.
This electric snow blower has a 13-amp motor, 18-inch clearing width, and nine-inch clearing depth. It’s more than capable of handling a small residential property with a slight snow problem! It runs on 120 volts, has a 30-foot throwing distance, and comes fitted with a rubber-tipped steel auger.
It’s by no means the most powerful snow blower on the market, but it’s going to suit many people’s needs well. It costs little time or money to maintain, is easy to use, and lightweight as well. If anything holds it back, it’s the power cord. You have to run it as far as the cord will go, and no more. It also has a lot of plastic components which may mean it’s not last as long as you may hope.
All in all, however, this electric snow blower will suit many people who have a little bit of snow to clear and prefer to keep the job in-house.
- 13-amp motor
- 18-inch clearing width
- Nine-inch clearing depth
- Rubber-tipped steel auger
- 30-foot throwing distance
- 120 volts
- It’s powerful given its size
- Competitively priced
- Easy to use
- It clears a fair width and depth
- It throws the snow conveniently far away
- It’s not a challenge to maintain
- The handle feels flimsy
- Some of the assembly components are plastic
- It runs on a cord
Considerations for Purchasing an Electric Snow Blower
In most parts of the United States, snow is inevitable. It looks lovely, but it can also be a nuisance. Often, you need a snow blower to take care of it so you can carry on with your day. However, not all electric snow blowers are made equal, and you need to set time aside to decide what you want, need, and can afford. These considerations below may be able to help.
- Power TypeAll electric snow blowers are electric, but some run on batteries and others run on cords. Decide which is going to be best for you. Would you rather have to purchase a battery separately and only use the snow blower until it runs flat? Or, would you prefer to run an extension cord and know it will keep running until you no longer need it?
- CostThe cost of an electric snow blower can relate to both the purchase price and maintenance. Some require more maintenance than others, and some are also more expensive up front, but don’t need much at all. Set a budget then read through the reviews to determine what the ongoing costs will be.
- Clearing CapacityBefore you choose an electric snow blower you believe will suit your needs, consider its clearing capacity. Each snow blower has a maximum depth and width of snow it can clear. It also has a maximum throwing capacity. Make sure these are within what you prefer and expect. You can then clear snow far quicker than you thought possible.
- User-Friendliness If you have been so used to a contractor taking care of your snow blowing needs, then you will most likely want a snow blower that isn’t a challenge to use. Look out for features that will make the experience not only manageable, but almost enjoyable. Some electric snow blowers for sale boast heated hand grips, self-propulsion, and lightweight frames. All of these features work together in harmony for a far better electric snow blowing experience.
Last update on 2020-07-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API