- Watch imagination come to life with the Professional 3D Pen
- Adjustable feed lets you regulate speed & flow for optimal control of material while you're drawing
- Temperature is adjustable in 1 degree increments from 130 to 240 C, for optimal fine-tuning
- Large, OLED display lets you monitor temperature of material to help you achieve a wide variety of effects
- Kit includes 3 colors of ABS plastic filament A/C adapter and slim, ergonomic touch pen with 1 year limited warranty
- [ALL NEW DUAL DRIVE TECHNOLOGY] The world’s first in a 3D printing device Featuring improved power durability and reliability for a superior doodling experience
- [THE 3DOODLER APP] Get an interactive experience! The app is packed with dedicated easy to follow stencil section and step by step interactive instructions receive badges for completed projects and photograph & share your creations directly on social media The App is fully built on iOS & Android
- [EASY TO USE] Just Plug the 3D Pen in insert 3Doodler Create plastic Wait for the 3D Pen to heat up and then you're good to extrude!
- [FREE 15 COLORS OF PLASTIC REFILLS & STENCIL BOOK] This 3D Pen comes packed with 15 different colors of 3Doodler Create plastic refills & a comprehensive activity guide book
- [SMOOTH 3D DRAWING EXPERIENCE] Get the best 3D drawing experience by only using the best and safest non-toxic 3Doodler Create Plastic Filaments The Create+ 3D Printing pen is compatible with 3Doodler Create 3mm PLA ABS and Flexy Plastic only
- The only child-safe 3D designed with no hot parts, completely safe for kids aged 6+.
- The new 3Doodler APP: you can now doodle right on the screen using your 3Doodler start! Get an interactive experience, the app is packed with dedicated easy to follow stencil section and step by step interactive instructions.
- 3D art made easy for kids: the plastic hardens rapidly allowing kids to literally draw in the air with only one speed and one temperature. Just plug the 3D pen in, insert plastic, wait for the 3D pen to heat up and then you're good to Extrude!
- Perfect for STEM learning a tactile learning toy: the 3Doodler Start inspires creativity, design, planning, building and spatial understanding.
- Complete 3D pen kit: Each box includes 3Doodler start 3D pen, 2 mixed-color packs of Eco-Plastic (48 strands), Micro-USB charger, activity guide + a ton of creative potential! Comes in a certified & SUSTAINABLE packaging!
If this is the case, then you don’t have to struggle to find the best 3D pen for your 3d printing needs.
In this article, we have given an overview of the best 3D pens on the market today. This article also includes a detailed guide that will probably answer any question you might have about this affordable 3D technology.
9. Filabot ABS 3D Printing Smoothing Pen
Filabot ABS 3D Printing Smoothing Pen releases acetone filaments into the surface of an object to repair it or to smooth its exterior. The acetone is not included in the package but sold separately. The pen comes with a spring-activated pen tip which releases the plastic filament only when required. All you need is to simply fill the pen with the filament and rub its tip everywhere you want smoother surfaces. The pen also features a translucent body which allows you to check the amount of filament remaining in the pen.
8. Soft Low-Temperature 3D Drawing Pen with LCD Display
Another 3D printing pen you can consider buying is the Soft Low-Temperature 3D Drawing Pen with LCD Display. As its name suggests, this pen works under lower temperature compared to competitors on the market. This means that you don’t have to worry about your kids getting nib burns.
Another advantage of this pen is that it is compatible with PCL Filaments only, which are not only non-toxic but also have a low melting point. Other appealing features of this pen include One Button Control & Adjustable Temperature / Speed function, Auto Shut-off & Auto Sleep Function, LCD Display and USB port.
7. Tecboss Intelligent 3D Pen with OLED Display
Tecboss Intelligent 3D Pen with OLED Display uses two types of filaments: PLA and ABS filaments refill. This gives you a chance to choose the best material you’d prefer. It comes with 8-level speed control providing you with ultimate and limitless creativity. These two features make this pen extraordinarily safe and friendly while drawing.
It also comes with the OLED display which not only displays the temperature but also shows you the types of filament material you’re using. Other appealing features of this 3D pen are the patented ceramic nozzle and adjustable temperature design. Last but not least, the pen is much safer to use thanks to its protectors that cover your index fingers and thumb protecting them from being hurt.
6. Scribbler Dual-Nozzle 3D Printing Pen
Scribbler Dual-Nozzle 3D Printing Pen is ideal for model printing, drawing, and art design. The pen comes with 4 control buttons which allow you to easily change the temperature of the nozzle and the speed of extrusion. Unlike other 3d pens that are compatible with one or two filaments, the Scribbler 3D Printing Pen accepts many filaments including ABS, PLA, FLEXIBLE, copper, wooden, bronze plastic filaments. Other appealing features of this pen include OLED screen and awesome design. Whether you are a novice crafter, an experienced artist or an excited hobbyist, you will find the Scribbler 3D Pen ideal for you.
5. 3Doodler 3D Pen With 50 Plastic Strands
This is the slimmest, lightest, strongest 3D pen from 3Doodler, the manufacturer of the world’s first 3D pen. Easy to use, enhanced design and improved drive system for smoother and quieter operation are some of the benefits you get when using this pen. Other appealing feature of this pen includes a new ambient light bar and simplified and intuitive controls.
With this pen, you can draw horizontally and vertically, as well as lift your imagination off the page. It comes with 50 plastic strands of multiple colors and materials. These strands instantly harden, allowing you to literally draw on paper, free hand and on air. The pen is ideal for hobbyists, crafters, artists and professional users.
4. MIKA3D Metal 3D Printing Pen with Large OLED Display
The MIKA3D Metal 3D Printing Pen with Large OLED Display was introduced recently on the market by MIKA3D. At the time of writing this article, the pen had not received any positive or negative reviews. Relying on what the manufacturer says, this 3D printing pen is easy to use thanks to its PLA filaments which heat up faster and cools instantly. Other appealing features of this pen include quick to Load and unload the filaments, well-designed, very comfortable to hold, 5 adjustable speed and big OLED display.
3. EnerVision RP900A 3D Printing Pen
Ranked number 3 on our list is the EnerVision RP900A 3D Printing Pen. This pen features a high-end metal housing which is not only comfortable but also durable. There is no need to connect this pen to AC/DC Adapter since you can operate it using a power bank. It is easy to use thanks to its double click loading and unloading button which allows you to easily fill and remove ABS or PLA filaments automatically. Other appealing features of this 3D pen include OLED Screen for displaying temperature, adjustable molding speed function, and multi-language options.
2. TRLife 3D Printing Pen 4.0 Version
TRLife 3D Printing Pen 4.0 Version allows you to have better three-dimensional drawing experiences. The pen’s plastic filaments are heated at high temperatures but cool within seconds. You can use this pen to draw your objects, in freehand, in the air or on any surface. Some of its awesome features include a Blockage Prevention Design and Patented Aerial Ceramic Nozzle. These features help prevent blockage, jamming, and clumping. Other features include an ergonomic design, which makes the pen easy to use and helps you feel more comfortable when using it. The pen is also extremely durable, non-toxic and very safe for kids and suitable for both beginners and experts.
1. CCTREE Low Temperature 3D Pen for kids
Number one on our list is the CCTREE Low Temperature 3D Pen for kids. The pen’s overall design is comfortable to feel and completely conforms to the human body engineering principle. The pen works under lower temperature which means you don’t have to worry about your kids getting burns. Another appealing feature of this pen is that it can intelligence distinguish the best melting point for the PCL filament without the need for adjusting the temperature. If you are looking for a pen that can help children improve spatial thinking ability, then the CCTREE Low Temperature 3D Pen is worth considering.
Buyer’s Guide – 3D Pen
What is a 3D pen?
A 3D pen allows you to draw three-dimensional objects on a surface, on air or free hand. The pen does not use the regular ink to accomplish this, but specialized plastic filaments that melt and solidifies in seconds. These devices are more affordable than expensive and huge 3D printers available on the market. These pens are not only very interesting devices for kids but also very useful devices for education, arts, and crafts.
How Does 3D Pen Work?
A 3D printing pen offers you the same results as a 3D printer but with a faster and less complicated process. The pens come with 3d printing filaments (some are sold separately) which you have to insert into the pen. These filaments are heated using the technology inside the pen, melted and solidified in seconds. It is the melted plastic filaments that serve as your ink. In fact, the melted plastics, which come in different colors, harden instantly giving an extra dimension to any 2D drawings. As stated earlier, you can draw your three-dimensional objects on a surface, on air or free hand.
Things you can do with a 3D pen
The type of things you can draw using a 3D printing pen is numberless. You can mold your plastic objects into any shape, apply the filament to a variety of surfaces to build objects, or add decorations and upgrades to other objects. You can also use the pen to repair other objects that are been 3D printed. What factors to consider when buying a 3D pen?
1. Look for extra 3D pen features
All 3D pens come with different sets of special features. Some of the features you need to look for include LED monitor for easier reading, use multiple types of filament, back suction and much more. The more features a pen has the more versatile the pen is.
2. Type of filaments
There are different types of 3D filaments on the market today. When choosing your device, make sure that it uses a filament that is not only affordable but easy to replace.
3. Examine the brand and compare
There are several 3D pen manufacturers out there. All of these manufacturers claim that their pens are best. You need to take time to examine each brand and find out which one lives up to their promise.
4. Check customer Reviews
Do not rely solely on your research. You also need to read various customer reviews and testimonials to find out what other users are saying about a particular device.
As you have seen, finding the best 3D pen doesn’t have to be a hassle if you are armed with the correct information. We created the list above to help you find the best deals and we hope that this has helped you.
Last update on 2020-05-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API